test thread

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Ben

test thread

Post by Ben »

Ben says: Blah blah blah!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Jechbi

Re: test thread

Post by Jechbi »

citation please
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

It is from the Warm Fuzzy Fluffy Bunny It is all the Same Discourse chapter 789 section 998.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

You boys are so funny!

O'Loughlin, B. (2009), Test thread, Dhamma Wheel: A Buddhist discussion forum on the Dhamma of the Theravada, http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm off to under-9 basketball practice!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:You boys are so funny!

O'Loughlin, B. (2009), Test thread, Dhamma Wheel: A Buddhist discussion forum on the Dhamma of the Theravada, http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm off to under-9 basketball practice!
Metta

Ben
Ah ha. Caught you at a circular argument. Faux pax on you.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

Tiltbillings
I fart in your general direction!

Now go away or I'll taunt you a second time!

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

The beats waving your naughty bits at my auntie, and it is why I'll always stand up wind from you.

Ben

Post by Ben »

Thank you Tilt,

I was just trying to reduce the typical 'free-for-all' argument down to its pure form unadulterated by social nicety and Buddhistic content..

By the way, I reserve the right to use the above video for use as refutation or moderator admonishment!

I think I'll get me one of these: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 16,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for a pet!
Cheers

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Rui Sousa

Post by Rui Sousa »

I think you all misunderstood the OP, specially Ben.
With Metta
Fede

Post by Fede »

Where's my tea....??!
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:jumping:
:rofl:
:rofl:

You guys are having way too much fun!!!

This has got to be the funniest thread ever, so far! :clap:
Tex

Post by Tex »

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you.

:sage:
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Individual

Post by Individual »

Ben wrote:Ben says: Blah blah blah!
This forum is for Theravada Buddhism. This thread is not about Theravada Buddhism.
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Individual wrote:
This forum is for Theravada Buddhism. This thread is not about Theravada Buddhism.
Are you so sure about that?

genkaku

Post by genkaku »

Individual wrote:
I agree. This thread is about all of Buddhism and it is built specifically for Buddhists.

And that's all the blah I've got to blah.