The backstory seems to be this: The homeowner said: 'The company that makes the robots is selling dangerous devices, I intend to sue to get compensation. It has ruined my home as everything is smoke damaged.'
Translation: Negligent lazy homeowner used Roomba to clean up cereal he spilled off of a kitchen countertop. Roomba was left on, and migrated to the burner surface, also left on. Homeowner left his flat, and the device caught fire and smoked out his building.
Homeowner, faced with claims from others, decides to blame the maker of the Roomba. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-bid.html
Medical report: this is not a robot suicide. It is a robot homicide, caused by the negligence of the owner. Bada bada *bing*