profoundness of Dhamma

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation

profoundness of Dhamma

Postby Sanjay PS » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Venerable Ajhan Chah once said:

The Buddha taught to 'die before you die,' to be finished with things before they are finished. Then you can be at ease. Let things break before they are broken, let them finish before they are finished. This is the Buddha's intention in teaching the Dhamma. Even if you listen to teachings for a hundred or a thousand eons, if you do not understand these points you won't be able to undo your suffering and you will not find peace. You will not see the Dhamma.
Sanjay PS

Re: profoundness of Dhamma

Postby Aloka » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Sanjay PS wrote:Venerable Ajhan Chah once said: .......

Could you give the source of the quote, please ?

:anjali:
Aloka

Postby mikenz66 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:17 pm

mikenz66

Postby Sanjay PS » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks Mike .

The truth is , most of us , including me , feel that the feel good factor , sophistication and well-being is that what matters . Dhamma is much beyond this . The sophistry of sophisticated views and intellect can become roadblocks on the path of Dhamma .

Today early morning , after our sitting , my wife was gently waking up our little boy , who was deep in slumber, with a sheet covered over . He resembled a dead corpse of a small boy , and i mentioned to my wife , all children are our children , every dying child is our child , hence , this very little boy that you adore , is the same as another child dying elsewhere . It is with a gentle deep breath should we come to accept impermanence of ourselves and others .

sanjay
Sanjay PS

Return to Open Dhamma