five tibetan rites

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Babadhari

five tibetan rites

Post by Babadhari »

hi

today i was informed about a set of dynamic exercises call the Five Tibetan Rites. i had never heard of these before so i found this video on youtube

i think i will try to integrate it into my daily routine

does anyone here have any experience with this practice and how it compares with more well known yoga practices? i have a problem an elbow and discomfort in my sacro-iliac joint so id be glad to know of any precautions? :namaste:

p.s i found this site with details http://thepdi.com/five_rites_of_rejuvenation.htm
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
cooran

Re: five tibetan rites

Post by cooran »

This discussion may be more productive at our sister site: http://www.dharmawheel.net

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Mkoll

Re: five tibetan rites

Post by Mkoll »

Dear kitztack,

I think I would crash through a window or into a wall if I tried that!

Some of the poses look similar to yoga poses; I saw what looked partly like a camel, child's pose, bridge, downward and upward dog. I bet a good yoga teacher could tell you if they'll aggravate your SI joint.

:anjali:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa