progress in meditation?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
greeneggsandsam

Re: progress in meditation?

Post by greeneggsandsam »

Thank you to all those who responded to my post. This forum is great!!!

:namaste:
If you think nibbana is better than samsara, then you've missed the point - Ajahn Sumedho
khlawng

Post by khlawng »

SarathW wrote:KISS
Keep it stupid simple!
:)
did you mean keep it simple stupid!
cos keep it stupid simple! somehow has a different meaning.
right?
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

2. "People who practice concentration fall into two groups: those who have signs (nimitta) via the eyes when their minds settle down, and those who have signs via the body. People in the first group are the ones who see visions of people, animals, whatever. Those in the second group don't have visions, but when their minds settle down, their bodies will feel unusually heavy or light, large or small, etc. When these people focus on the elements in their body, they'll notice them as feelings: warmth, coolness, heaviness, spaciousness, and so forth.
"If I'm teaching people like this how to meditate, I don't have to worry about them too much, because there aren't many dangers in their path — aside from the danger of their getting discouraged because they don't see anything happening in their meditation. The ones I worry about are those in the first group, because they have lots of dangers. Their visions can lead them to jump to all sorts of false conclusions. If they don't learn the right way to deal with their visions, they'll get stuck on them and never be able to reach any higher level than that."

Aj Fuang
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... tml#vision
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

khlawng wrote:
SarathW wrote:KISS
Keep it stupid simple!
did you mean keep it simple stupid!
cos keep it stupid simple! somehow has a different meaning.
right?
Ok let's say

KIS (keep it simple)
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”