Why doesnt a experienced meditator come in exctas by nature?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
villkorkarma

Why doesnt a experienced meditator come in exctas by nature?

Post by villkorkarma »

Why doesnt an experienced meditator come in exctas by nature? (anylonger)
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
kmath

Re: Why doesnt a experienced meditator come in exctas by nat

Post by kmath »

I think you mean "ecstasy". Is that right?
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

yes
thelotuseffect

Post by thelotuseffect »

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html

It is a natural emergence of an unnatural process (meaning goes against the conditioned mind). It starts with mindfulness directed at your intent (conduct/five precepts).
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Okay but how not to break to the first percept? I walk on mats carpets where there are mites. Is´nt that a break to the five percepts? :coffee:
thelotuseffect

Post by thelotuseffect »

Wow, it truly is rare that a sentient being thinks about other beings that he may be affecting. :) We kill many beings just because we have this human body. It is by this body that we attain freedom from dukkha, so we take care of it too. Human birth is very rare and provides the best field for liberation. By listening to the advice of awakened ones we learn how important our conduct is. They are best for teaching conduct. Conduct is our raft to the other shore. The seed of conduct is intent.

There is no way not to kill beings and still occupy a physical form. However, are we killing with the intent to kill? That is the big question.
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Fun :)
So I dont need to Think all the time : I will not kill any sentient beeing, just dont have the intention to kill. with thoughts now. Sometimes yes, but right wiew. Or what I do Is what Counts. The best would bee If I never slept on a madrass with mites.. :? ;)
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

hi villkorkarma

i like this definition
Intention is a specific purpose in performing an action or series of actions, the end or goal that is aimed at.
with an action is there a purpose or goal to the action. if so , then there is intention.

to have right intention, one must hold right view
But when the intentions are right, the actions will be right, and for the intentions to be right the surest guarantee is right views. One who recognizes the law of kamma, that actions bring retributive consequences, will frame his pursuits to accord with this law; thus his actions, expressive of his intentions, will conform to the canons of right conduct. The Buddha succinctly sums up the matter when he says that for a person who holds a wrong view, his deeds, words, plans, and purposes grounded in that view will lead to suffering, while for a person who holds right view, his deeds, words, plans, and purposes grounded in that view will lead to happiness
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... wayof.html
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

I liked that to kitztack. But how do I know If I have the right intention or not with me all the time?
culaavuso

Post by culaavuso »

villkorkarma wrote:I liked that to kitztack. But how do I know If I have the right intention or not with me all the time?
"Right Intention" or "Right Resolve" is defined in SN45.8
SN45.8: Magga-vibhanga Sutta wrote: And what is right resolve? Being resolved on renunciation, on freedom from ill will, on harmlessness: This is called right resolve.
Also in MN117
MN117: Maha-cattarisaka Sutta wrote: And what is wrong resolve? Being resolved on sensuality, on ill will, on harmfulness. This is wrong resolve.

"And what is right resolve? Right resolve, I tell you, is of two sorts: There is right resolve with effluents, siding with merit, resulting in acquisitions; there is right resolve that is noble, without effluents, transcendent, a factor of the path.

"And what is the right resolve with effluents, siding with merit, resulting in acquisitions? Resolve for renunciation, resolve for freedom from ill will, resolve for harmlessness. This is the right resolve with effluents, siding with merit, resulting in acquisitions.

"And what is the right resolve that is noble, without effluents, transcendent, a factor of the path? The thinking, directed thinking, resolve, mental fixity, mental transfixion, focused awareness, & verbal fabrications in one developing the noble path whose mind is noble, whose mind is without effluents, who is fully possessed of the noble path. This is the right resolve that is noble, without effluents, transcendent, a factor of the path."
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

So even not to hurt anyone, should I take a flight to burma or closed me inside of a Cave rest of my Life for reach enlightenment? There are carpets everywhere and furniture where the mites are living. How to live a normal Life again? And how can I Count with reaching the enlightenment by Life out from the Cave?
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

dear villkorkarma

i once had a friend who watched the ground beneath his feet as he walked. the weather was hot and there were many ants on the ground. he wanted to make sure he did not kill any ants by stepping on them.

one day at lunch i asked him to show me his feet. when i looked i saw many dead ants on the soles of his feet. i did not know if i would upset him by telling him but i did so anyway.

after i had told him, he smiled and said 'i did not mean to'. he lived with right intention but in life things always happen that arent in our control or how we would like but we carry on from day to day living as best we can.

you seem to have good intention villkorkarma but do not worry about locking yourself in a cave. live life and accept all it has for you. :namaste:
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Hehe. Thank you so :)
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Mistake isnt okay?