Namaste

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
culaavuso

Namaste

Post by culaavuso »

Hello to all of the participants in this forum. Thank you for the opportunity to practice right speech and for the support of admirable friendship. I have not participated in online discussion forums of this sort before. Dhamma Wheel showed up on a number of my searches for information about the Buddhist path, and I found some of the discussions to be quite helpful. I also saw some other discussions where it seemed I could return that favor, so I created an account and began to participate.

I've been interested in the study and practice of the Dhamma and Vinaya for about twelve years now, but often with lapses in practice and lack of persistence. During this time I have been an avid reader but not always such an avid practitioner. I have benefited greatly from the plentiful free material at Access to Insight and many printed works such as the sutta translations by Bhikkhu Bodhi. My experiences with Buddhism thus far have all been in California, USA where I live as a householder. My first experience of practice was with zazen instruction at a small Zen temple, followed by a period of intensified practice and then a period of reduced practice. Later, I attended a Tibetan temple for a short period accompanied by a period of intensified practice and again followed by a period of reduced practice. Later still, I decided that the practice was important enough that a lack of local community should not be a cause for complacency. Thus I returned to regular practice. During this entire time I have had an interest in discovering the path taught by the Buddha and have found the suttas to be an invaluable resource. In recent years I have also benefited greatly from listening to and reading the Dhamma talks and essays from the lineages of students of Ajahn Mun Bhuridatta.

May you all be happy, well, safe, and free from suffering.
binocular

Re: Namaste

Post by binocular »

Hello to you too!

Glad to have you here!
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome culaavuso, and thank you for your contributions!

:hello:

:anjali:
Mike
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome! :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

hi culaavuso

welcome, youve already been most helpful, good to have you here
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Welcome, culaavuso!

I'm glad you're here and I enjoy reading your posts. :smile:

:anjali:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Thanks!
:)
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings culaavuso,

:hello:

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Sati1

Post by Sati1 »

Welcome, Culaavuso! :woohoo:
Sati1

----
"I do not perceive even one other thing, o monks, that when developed and cultivated entails such great happiness as the mind" (AN 1.30, transl. Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi)
"So this spiritual life, monks, does not have gain, honor, and renown for its benefit, or the attainment of moral discipline for its benefit, or the attainment of concentration for its benefit, or knowledge and vision for its benefit. But it is this unshakable liberation of mind that is the goal of this spiritual life, its heartwood, and its end," (MN 29, transl. Ven Bhikkhu Bodhi)