My most importantant question

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
villkorkarma

Re: My most importantant question

Post by villkorkarma »

purple planet wrote:as long as you do good and avoid bad than you advance - if you dont do this than no
but is it like that that we sometimes do very very forbidden things but most of the time just good things but we fail to proceed much because we cant stop with our bad behaviour!
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

I just realize that every single human is innocent. all beeings
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

but is it like that that we sometimes do very very forbidden things but most of the time just good things but we fail to proceed much because we cant stop with our bad behaviour

we try to minimize our bad behavior and maximize our good - if you steal stuff all the time and do little good you cant expect to advance - but if once in month you shout at someone but after apologize and you do lots of good than you can advance
it depends on how much good how much bad you do

if you want to advance faster you should try to avoid bad stuff - the more we advance in the path the less bad stuff we do - the more good we do - the faster we advance
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

another very important thing is to be sure you understand the 5 precepts - and that you dont take them to the extreme

1 - first precept - not to kill INTENTIONALLY - some people worry if they might step on a bug accidentally - and they cause themselves even more suffering - a good use of this precept - if a housefly lands on your arm - you dont kill it and you notice your anger that happens and you let it go and dont act by it

4 - fourth precept - avoid incorrect speech - the good way to use it is not to lie to people - a bad way to use it is for example to go to someone ugly and tell him his ugly

5 - fifth precept - avoid intoxicating drinks and drugs which leads to careless - some people stop using there mental medication - which is a great mistake - medication is to help solve chemical imbalances - people dont take them to get hi they do it for the health of their body the health of the brain organ - some people can go crazy cause of it and stop practicing and do bad actions just cause they stopped there medication - this people didnt understand this precept well - and are actually causing themselves more suffering

if you keep the five precepts than you will advance - if you break one precept than you should - know you made a mistake - do all you can to avoid it next time - and continue to do good deeds - like helping the family ect
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

:goodpost:
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

okay, but i Think it not caused by the snuff but of the mind itself that isnt trained so much it needs in that case it gets careless :namaste: