Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
tonyc

Greetings

Post by tonyc »

Hi.

Firstly, let me say I'm so pleased to have found this forum :anjali:

Secondly, a little about me. I've been a practicing Buddhist since 1996 with my journey taking me to Dharamsala, India to spend 6 months teaching Tibetan refugees (including the monastic community) English while immersing myself in both the Indian and Tibetan spiritual culture. While not the Theravada tradition, my greatest reward was being present in the company of HHDL.

It's actually only since that part of my journey that I realised that my heart found a home in the Theravada tradition.

I am also an avid Vipassana practitioner and have a deep interest in the practical application of Buddhism in modern mental health programs particularly relating to the treatment of anxiety and depression.

I'm here because I want to further explore my desire to move into the next stage (which feels quite natural to me now) of Ordination.

Namaste and be happy :buddha1:
Ben

Re: Greetings

Post by Ben »

Greetings Tony and welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
Like you, I am a dedicated Vipassana practitioner.
I wish you all the best for your ordination plans.
With metta!

Ben.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
rowboat

Post by rowboat »

I'm here because I want to further explore my desire to move into the next stage (which feels quite natural to me now) of Ordination.
Hi, Tony. Welcome to DhammaWheel!

You've come to the right place. At DhammaWheel there are several bhikkhus (and bhikkunis?) and a lot of detailed, well-considered advice for those who are considering ordination.

:anjali:
Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Tony :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---