What would you do if you saw a freezing child?

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.

Re: What would you do if you saw a freezing child?

Postby Sam Vara » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:48 pm

That's really heartwarming stuff. Sadly, in my country it would be difficult for men on their own to intervene, because of the widespread fear of being thought to be a paedophile.
Sam Vara

Postby waterchan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Apparently Norway is a warm country :)
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
waterchan

Postby david.sojourn » Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Sam Vara wrote:That's really heartwarming stuff. Sadly, in my country it would be difficult for men on their own to intervene, because of the widespread fear of being thought to be a paedophile.

Also true in America.

I fear to look in the general direction of a playground, not because I have any ill intention, but because the Ignorance and Fear of the parents is so strong, the first assumption in their minds is that I must be a danger to their child.

Little do they know, we condition our own fates.

The world is isolating itself through fear and Ignorance. It's very apparent in America, where people simply don't interact with one another at all, unless they absolutely have to.

*Shrug*

I'm sure the Apocalypse will sort it out. Just as soon as we get these World Wars underway....
david.sojourn

Postby Mkoll » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

These sort of social experiments always make me feel uncomfortable. People are lying and deceiving each other in the name of social science. At least this one worked out well, unlike Milgram or Stanford.

david.sojourn wrote:
Sam Vara wrote:That's really heartwarming stuff. Sadly, in my country it would be difficult for men on their own to intervene, because of the widespread fear of being thought to be a paedophile.

Also true in America.

I fear to look in the general direction of a playground, not because I have any ill intention, but because the Ignorance and Fear of the parents is so strong, the first assumption in their minds is that I must be a danger to their child.

Little do they know, we condition our own fates.

The world is isolating itself through fear and Ignorance. It's very apparent in America, where people simply don't interact with one another at all, unless they absolutely have to.

*Shrug*

I'm sure the Apocalypse will sort it out. Just as soon as we get these World Wars underway....

That isn't cynical. At all. And I'm not being sarcastic. At all.
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Return to Dhammic Stories