Stratosphere stair climb

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Stratosphere stair climb

Post by DNS »

manas wrote: David, to run up 108 floors of staircase in just under 14 minutes - that's pretty good...I'm trying to imagine how it would feel around the 80th floor or thereabouts, surely the legs must begin to ache a little? (I know mine would)...
Thanks. Here's some of the thoughts that come to mind:

Floors 1-20: mindfully noting each step and breath, taking 3 steps (stairs) at a time
Floors 21-40: breathing getting heavier, taking 2 steps (stairs) at a time
Floors 41-60: breathing much heavier, legs hurting
Floors 61-80: wondering if there are paramedics at the top
Floors 81-108: Why am I doing this?

The top athletes who do it in under 9 minutes are literally running the whole way up. I don't know how they do it -- I guess lots of training, marathon runs, long-distance cycling, stairs, etc.
manas

Re: Stratosphere stair climb

Post by manas »

David N. Snyder wrote:
manas wrote: David, to run up 108 floors of staircase in just under 14 minutes - that's pretty good...I'm trying to imagine how it would feel around the 80th floor or thereabouts, surely the legs must begin to ache a little? (I know mine would)...
Floors 1-20: mindfully noting each step and breath, taking 3 steps (stairs) at a time
Floors 21-40: breathing getting heavier, taking 2 steps (stairs) at a time
Floors 41-60: breathing much heavier, legs hurting
Floors 61-80: wondering if there are paramedics at the top
Floors 81-108: Why am I doing this?
Heheh...ok, when I said "around the 80th floor" I was being optimistic. I don't know when I would begin to feel discomfort, but yeah it would be way before then, to be totally honest ;) ... but you've piqued my interest, I want to try something similar just to see how I would go...)

:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.