Story of Stuff

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
sundara

Story of Stuff

Post by sundara »

Here is a film on the story of stuff:
http://urbandharma.org/dtube/dtube1/stuff.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
genkaku

Re: Story of Stuff

Post by genkaku »

Here's a somewhat frisky and direct take on "stuff" from George Carlin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac
sundara

Post by sundara »

No this film is really about how things are produced and disposed of, basically the chain of extraction, production and consumption and disposal of goods, it has some quite enlightening things about it, like PFT are highly toxic chemicals and they are in everything and they are neurotoxic and the stuff we incinerate produces a chemical dioxin, a chemical that is the most toxic to man.
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

Hi sundara -- I didn't mean to detract from the seriousness of the clip you posted ... just give a somewhat different take. No interference intended.
chicka-Dee

Post by chicka-Dee »

Hi sundara, hi genkaku.. both of these are great! :clap: I actually posted the story of stuff on another (non-buddhist) forum, sundara, because it made an impact on me. Very important for us to be aware of! And I love the way Carlin pokes fun at ourselves.. makes one consider how ridiculous it really is, lol, to have so much stuff!! Wouldn't our lives be so much simpler without so much of it? Not to mention so much better for the planet, for us ALL! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.. pretty important stuff! :jumping:
"The image is a dream. The beauty is real. Can you see the difference?" ~Richard Bach from "Illusions"