A life of dreams

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Modus.Ponens

A life of dreams

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I think this is one of the most beautiful teachings I ever heard. Enjoy it.

'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Aloka

Re: A life of dreams

Post by Aloka »

I'm really sorry but it didn't do anything at all for me....and I've never been an Alan Watt's fan.

:anjali:
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Beautiful thank you. :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Jetavan

Post by Jetavan »

I find Watts quite shocking.
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Jetavan wrote:I find Watts quite shocking.
In a good way?

This is not directed at you, but I know we are theravadins and that we are supposed to imediatly see the fault in someone saying that we are God/ultimae reality. But everytime I listen to this is like a martial arts master flipping me upside down. To hink that the life I'm living now is my boldest dream is quite mindblowing, to be honest.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Modus.Ponens wrote:To hink that the life I'm living now is my boldest dream is quite mindblowing
And then what happens?

I mean, what are the results of this pleasant feeling due to contact at the mind base?
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

daverupa wrote:
Modus.Ponens wrote:To hink that the life I'm living now is my boldest dream is quite mindblowing
And then what happens?

I mean, what are the results of this pleasant feeling due to contact at the mind base?
That's a good follow up question. I feel the pointlessness of all these cravings for constant pleasure. I feel like living this life in the best possible way, enjoying it as much as I can, which is to say that I feel like liberation is, in fact, the last awakening from sleep. That there will be nothing further to do, but be awaken and free from want.

This was basicaly splatered on the screen. Thank you for asking that question. :anjali:
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

'How far out could you get?'...