*waves*

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

*waves*

Postby dustyzafu » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:21 am

Odd, I thought I'd introduced myself a while back, but I looked at my post count and... :shrug:

Despite my name, I'm a practitioner of Theravada; the Japanese simply make the best pillows. Some familiarity with general Buddhist teachings has helped me along the path, no doubt, but because my local sangha was Tibetan and most attendees to online forums are some flavor of Mahayana, I grew a little weary dealing in discussions of a philosophy that wasn't mine. Then I remembered this place. :D

Thanks.
dustyzafu

Re: *waves*

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 am

Greetings and welcome back Dustyzafu!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am

Greetings DZ and I hope DW is a place that you enjoy hanging out at and also provides you with support for your practice.
If there's a problem with your post count - try raising it with TheDhamma or Retrofuturist, our site administrators.
Kind regards

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Heraclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 am

dustyzafu wrote:Odd, I thought I'd introduced myself a while back, but I looked at my post count and... :shrug:

Despite my name, I'm a practitioner of Theravada; the Japanese simply make the best pillows. Some familiarity with general Buddhist teachings has helped me along the path, no doubt, but because my local sangha was Tibetan and most attendees to online forums are some flavor of Mahayana, I grew a little weary dealing in discussions of a philosophy that wasn't mine. Then I remembered this place. :D

Thanks.

Good to see you dusty zafu! I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you from chat.
I'm glad you found your way over! :twothumbsup:

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma.

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:06 am

Greetings,

Along those lines, the only thing I can think of is that we did have a server crash around Easter which corrupted the database and had to be restored... we may have lost half a day or so of posts in the process (as well as being offline for a period of time).

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 am

dustyzafu wrote:Despite my name, I'm a practitioner of Theravada; the Japanese simply make the best pillows.

I agree, that is what I use too.

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Or apparently, it might be: Welcome Back!

:buddha2:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:09 am

hi
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby BlackBird » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:09 am

Welcome my friend

:anjali:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta
BlackBird

Postby zavk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:38 am

TheDhamma wrote:
dustyzafu wrote:Despite my name, I'm a practitioner of Theravada; the Japanese simply make the best pillows.

I agree, that is what I use too.

That makes the three of us! *pats cushion*

Hi!
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Mawkish1983 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am

zavk wrote:That makes the three of us! *pats cushion*

Oh dear, I just sit on the floor, sometimes with a blanket for my ankles, maybe I should look to invest...

Good to see you, dustyzafu :)
Mawkish1983

Return to Introductions