Animal Love

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
Kusala

Animal Love

Post by Kusala »

"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
TheNoBSBuddhist

Re: Animal Love

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

Let no-one try to tell me Animals cannot progress out of that realm... of course they can!

Thank you for the link.
I too, have witnessed the ability of animals to 'understand' what kindness, compassion and empathetic joy, are.....

I cannot swear, hand on heart, that they KNOW Uppeka.... but it's demonstrable that they might....

:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

Intersting - thanks for sharing :twothumbsup:
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:Let no-one try to tell me Animals cannot progress out of that realm... of course they can!

Thank you for the link.
I too, have witnessed the ability of animals to 'understand' what kindness, compassion and empathetic joy, are.....

I cannot swear, hand on heart, that they KNOW Uppeka.... but it's demonstrable that they might....

Indeed! "A young man named Pessa, an elephant trainer, once made an interesting observation on the difference between humans and animals. He said to the Buddha: "Humans are a tangle while animals are straightforward, While I am training an elephant, in the time it takes to go to Campa and back again it will try every trick, ruse, stratagem and dodge. But our slaves, messengers and servants do one thing, say another, and think something else." (M.I,340)

http://sdhammika.blogspot.com/search?up ... -results=7
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "