Kasinas

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

Re: Kasinas

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Greetings,

PeterB wrote:It struck me looking at the photo that the carpet doesn't help does it ? :tongue:

Maybe if they're busy and run out of kasina boards, you have to look at the carpet instead. :tongue:

Excellent pictures though... thanks for sharing!

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby PeterB » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 am

Dazzlebling wrote:Seems likely that some methods used in Color Therapy - eg focusing on and/or visualising colored discs may have originated with the Kasinas.

:namaste:

I think this is the case. I met one of the founders of Colour Therapy, whose name escapes me but it was Thomas something, and he spoke about kasinas.
PeterB

Postby PeterB » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 am

I have just remembered. it was Theo Gimbel, not Thomas anything...perhaps I need colour therapy. :cry:
PeterB

Postby Thanavuddho » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Luang Poo Bunyarit (01) Beginning of practice

Luang Poo Bunyarit about his practice right after becoming a monk, chosing kasina as his primary meditation object.
“Tasmātihānanda, attadīpā viharatha attasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā, dhammadīpā dhammasaraṇā anaññasaraṇā.”(DN16)
Forum: http://www.avoinsangha.fi
Thanavuddho

Previous

Return to Theravada Meditation