drone delivers pizza in India

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
randall

drone delivers pizza in India

Post by randall »

The drone dropped the 13-inch plain margherita pizza, weighing half a kilo, on the 21st floor rooftop (where it was collected by the 'customer') before taking off again for the return journey. The speed with which the delivery was made thus beat the record for most leading pizza chains, which manually deliver pizzas within 30 minutes.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 445623.cms

The tech side in me thinks this is pretty cool, but the "being laid off and having to accept lower entry jobs" doesn't think so. :lol:
Mkoll

Re: drone delivers pizza in India

Post by Mkoll »

That's pretty cool. I can't imagine how they'll be delivering pizza just 100 years from now. Just 100 years before, cars, refrigerators, and radios were just beginning to become common. Now look at things. Really amazing.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
manas

Post by manas »

It's interesting but sadly the more we get machines to do things, the more unemployment there is overall. I'm sure there would be lots of folks in India who would be very happy to have a job delivering pizzas. I wish we could wind back some of the purely profit-driven aspects of mechanization, for another example, those self-serve checkouts at the supermarket, introduced because only one staff member has to be employed to watch over them, rather than several if folks were just served the old-fashioned way, ie in person. For defusing bombs though, or assisting in search and rescue operations, I am all for drones to do that sort of thing. There are indeed many positive uses for them. Just not those that could and should be done by a person in need of a job.
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Jetavan

Post by Jetavan »

manas wrote:I'm sure there would be lots of folks in India who would be very happy to have a job delivering pizzas.
They can get a degree in drone mechanics.
JohnWB

Post by JohnWB »

How much do I tip a drone? My pizza guy gets $5.
amity2kok

Post by amity2kok »

Hi guys,

I have also read this in the news today. A very novel way to delivery Pizza. It is really interesting to see the way business is evolving.

However, there are limitations to this type of delivery mechanism using the drones :alien: . There are legal laws, privacy laws which limits the full scale use of this method.

You never know how things will turn out to be. In whatever ways it turns out to be, our job is to do good deeds and to benefit others.

What good are we if we are not able to benefit the person who comes in contact with us.

Regards,
Amit