the big change that buddism brings to you life

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
richiec123

the big change that buddism brings to you life

Post by richiec123 »

I started meditating late last year in the close season of my work and found great benerfits from it. Peace, calm, stress free, careing thinking about other and the goodness in life itself. This made a massive change in my live and the lives of my family. I have tried to maintain this now work is very busy again. my time for meditation has decreased to practicly nil but the believes and the fundermentals of the buddas teachings feel as though they have engrained themselves on me and the way I think and live my life.
Mkoll

Re: the big change that buddism brings to you life

Post by Mkoll »

That's good to hear! I'm sure you'll delve further in the Dhamma when life is less busy.

All the best.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
richiec123

Post by richiec123 »

it,s a good way to live life james. theres lots I don't understand about the dhamma but a still read a few verses every day and now and then one clicks into place and I get what the budda meant

richie
seeker242

Post by seeker242 »

richiec123 wrote:I started meditating late last year in the close season of my work and found great benerfits from it. Peace, calm, stress free, careing thinking about other and the goodness in life itself. This made a massive change in my live and the lives of my family. I have tried to maintain this now work is very busy again. my time for meditation has decreased to practicly nil but the believes and the fundermentals of the buddas teachings feel as though they have engrained themselves on me and the way I think and live my life.
That is great. :smile: I had the same experience. However, when I stopped meditation altogether, all that good stuff gradually disappeared and generally I had to start all over again. What a waste! I would be careful about not doing any meditation. Or doing less and less until it eventually becomes none. I would advise that you do whatever you can to not let that happen, even if it means getting a half hour less sleep each night. It's all too easy to fall back into old habits of acting and thinking, etc.
Dhammapada 282. Wisdom springs from meditation; without meditation wisdom wanes. Having known these two paths of progress and decline, let a man so conduct himself that his wisdom may increase.
I wish I would have known this before! Oh well!

:anjali:
Kasina

Post by Kasina »

seeker242 wrote:That is great. :smile: I had the same experience. However, when I stopped meditation altogether, all that good stuff gradually disappeared and generally I had to start all over again. What a waste! I would be careful about not doing any meditation. Or doing less and less until it eventually becomes none. I would advise that you do whatever you can to not let that happen, even if it means getting a half hour less sleep each night. It's all too easy to fall back into old habits of acting and thinking, etc.
So true... Best advice I've seen given on this board :bow:
"This world completely lacks essence;
It trembles in all directions.
I longed to find myself a place
Unscathed — but I could not see it."

Sn 4.15 PTS: Sn 935-951 "Attadanda Sutta: Arming Oneself"

"You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go... This is the curse at work, the curse that feeds on all life..."

Wilbur Mercer in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
manas

Post by manas »

Hi richie

great to hear! What an amazing journey the Dhamma is...never ceases to amaze me.

be well
manas
:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
richiec123

Post by richiec123 »

Thanks for the encouragement and advice I am greatfull. Of course your right seeker and effort needs to made even when it's hard to do so.
I'm hoping to book on to a 10 day course in October when work quietens down. This a I hope will be the next step in my learning , the opening day for applications is the 7th of june.

Richie