The contemplation of death in Australia

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

The contemplation of death in Australia

Post by tiltbillings »

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
manas

Re: The contemplation of death in Australia

Post by manas »

Thanks for that list Tilt, I will watch out for those. But in that list of nasties they forgot to mention the Yellow-bellied Abbott, the Speckled Morrison and the Lesser Pyne. Travellers to Down Under are warned.

kind regards
manas
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

manas wrote:Thanks for that list Tilt, I will watch out for those. But in that list of nasties they forgot to mention the Yellow-bellied Abbott, the Speckled Morrison and the Lesser Pyne. Travellers to Down Under are warned.

kind regards
manas
And let us not for get the Dropbear and the Bunyip, which are right up there nasty, poisonous politicos.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
manas

Post by manas »

tiltbillings wrote:And let us not for get the Dropbear and the Bunyip, which are right up there nasty, poisonous politicos.
Yes, Dropbears are scary and formidable creatures :shock:

Craftily lying hidden in trees, they wait for an unsuspecting traveller to pass by, then they make their move.
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Goofaholix

Post by Goofaholix »

This is why Australians will frequently ask you "How are you to die?"
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

G'die mate! Lit's sher a tinnie..!
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Awww, the koala is so cute. Thought it's slit shaped ungulate-like eyes are a bit off-putting. Didn't know they had those.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa