Venānga Sutta - jhana not absorbtion method

The cultivation of calm or tranquility and the development of concentration
jameswang

Re: Venānga Sutta - jhana not absorbtion method

Post by jameswang »

pulga wrote:
jameswang wrote:At any rate, our friend will intimidate us with his Pali prowess. Sounding clever doesn't mean he's right. It's a put off.
Posts that impel one to think are always worthwhile. I consider our friend a true asset to the forum.
I've no trouble believing that they impel you to think. For me, I can't think about the post because I don't understand it. Instead I think about the poster.

What's the point of discussing the scriptures if we just run around pali grammar? Intellectual indulgence?
Last edited by jameswang on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiltbillings

Re: Venānga Sutta - jhana not absorbtion method

Post by tiltbillings »

pulga wrote:
jameswang wrote:At any rate, our friend will intimidate us with his Pali prowess. Sounding clever doesn't mean he's right. It's a put off.
Posts that impel one to think are always worthwhile. I consider our friend a true asset to the forum.
He is indeed, but to the topic, please.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723