Was 9/11 an inside job?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Mawkish1983

Re: Was 9/11 an inside job?

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I LOVE conspiracy theories! I won't say which I dismiss and which I feel may have some merit because you never know who is watching...............
Tex

Post by Tex »

The magazine Popular Mechanics debunked many of the common myths quite easily a few years ago.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... tml?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have yet to see any conspiracy theory regarding 9/11 that even made me raise an eyebrow.

I'm more disturbed by the number of people that seem to want the United States to have been behind it than any of the crackpot stories they've cooked up.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

Individual wrote:What do you all think?
I think it is a disrespectful topic for idle chatter.
Then again, I'm from New York City.
- Peter

Be heedful and you will accomplish your goal.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Hi Peter,

Whatever you want to believe, that's your choice. I agree with you that such topics are not conducive towards the goal of Liberation. There will always be the possibility for things such as mass murder and destruction in Samsara regardless of who is orchestrating these activities. Let's work instead on the greed, hatred and delusion in our own minds which are the same poisons in other people's minds which lead them to commit such terrible acts.

With Metta,

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm
Lazy_eye

Post by Lazy_eye »

Guy wrote:I don't think simply having news reporters and politicians saying "terrorists did it" and showing some passport photos (which supposedly were recovered from the wreckage unscathed) should be taken as unquestionable truth.
Well, yes, but terrorists also said that terrorists did it. They were pretty eager to take the "credit".
Jechbi

Post by Jechbi »

Peter wrote:I think it is a disrespectful topic for idle chatter.
I agree with this.
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Hi Lazyeye,

Like I said before I don't want to get into a debate, so I won't. I edited my last post for this reason, after reflecting on the potential frustration I might be causing some people and also because saying such things tend to require lots of clarification and then those clarifications require lengthy discussions and on and on it goes until both parties are still convinced of their original positions and nothing has been accomplished.

I am sorry, my mindfulness lapsed and I made an unskilful post, I hope you understand why I don't wish to continue this discussion.

With Metta,

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm