Hello dear kalyanamittas

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Modus.Ponens

Re: Hello dear kalyanamittas

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Best of luck!

:anjali:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
walkart

Post by walkart »

Sokehi wrote:As mentioned before somewhere else on the Dhammawheel I'm happy to be able finally to leave this household here in august and take up Anagarika training at one of the english monasteries sometimes later :anjali:

I won't be able after this to contribute any more to this board (or any other social media).

I'll hop in every now and then until august and would like to express my sincere thank you to the admins and the forummembers that contribute in a supportive and wholesome way to the needs and questions of others on this board. You all have been great online-kalyanamittas for me :bow:
Which Vihara it would be ? :smile:
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

It's going to be one of the monasteries of the Ajahn Chah Tradition. My apologies but I'd like to keep shared informations of my whereabouts very simple and limited to close friends. Some sort of Adhitthana I made... years ago I realised the fewer know about my aspirations and travels the better. No offense. Basically I wanted to know you who are interested that I'll leave this board soon :spy: :anjali:
Get the wanting out of waiting

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

If they take what's yours, tell yourself that you're making it a gift.
Otherwise there will be no end to the animosity. - Ajahn Fuang Jotiko

https://www.youtube.com/user/Repeataarrr
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

Modus.Ponens wrote:Best of luck!

:anjali:
Thank you very much! :heart:

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Sokehi wrote:As mentioned before somewhere else on the Dhammawheel I'm happy to be able finally to leave this household here in august and take up Anagarika training at one of the english monasteries sometimes later :anjali:
Congratulations! Sadhu!
I won't be able after this to contribute any more to this board (or any other social media).
Why not? Is that just for the anagarika period or even beyond? I know many monks who participate here and other forums, other avenues on the internet, for wholesome purposes of Dhamma discussion, Dhamma instruction, etc.
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Anumodana! Congratulations! :anjali:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Congratulations!

May your practice be fruitful and beneficial to all beings.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Aki

Post by Aki »

I'll hop in every now and then until august and would like to express my sincere thank you to the admins and the forummembers that contribute in a supportive and wholesome way to the needs and questions of others on this board. You all have been great online-kalyanamittas for me :bow:
That's a very good news! And keep in mind if you confronted with a problem in the homeless life (gross or subtle), always take a step back till you see the cause of the problem, this is called yonisomanasikāra (directing the mind to the root). There you will see the true cause of the problem, where you can apply a Dhamma solution. Sometimes the true cause is hidden behind several layers.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand. If you're a troll :rolleye:, find someone else please :guns:, I'm an IBM (Innocent Buddhist Monk) for 40+ years.
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

David, Khalil Body, Mkoll and ven. Aki: Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. This is truly needed since the changes to come certainly demand a lot of viriya and saddha. :anjali:

David, yes it is not encouraged to spend a lot of time on the web. Moreso any profiles or accounts on social media is prohibited. And to be honest I'm happy about it. Still it's a monastery and especially if one is new to the training I suppose it is beneficial to focus on ones duties and meditation practice. Who knows... in the far future I might be able to contribute again.

However... On this dhammawheel I was more a "consumer" of good information than a huge contributor. Thank you and others for keeping this opportunity up for sharing dhamma, discussions and experiences :anjali: