Members Bios - please contribute yours

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Re: Members Bios - please contribute yours

Postby Dan74 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:11 pm

What a bunch of incredibly colourful life-stories! There is surely a rich tapestry of human condition right here on Dhamma Wheel.

Thank you for contributing. :bow: :bow: :bow:
_/|\_
Dan74

Postby peterdac » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:13 am

Greetings Dhammawheelers,

Started off with Hatha yoga, circa 1964, discovered Theravada chatting to strangers in a pub. Found my way to first teacher Kapilavadho, in 1970; at Dhammapadipa, the English Sangha Trust, Hampstead, London, UK. Knowing nothing about it at all, even pronounced it wrong. But got off to an excellent start, standing me in good stead ever since.

Spent 10 years in the Achaan Cha lineage '77 to '89. Next 14 years carried on alone, with mixed results. Finally, 2003, deciding to go to Luang Ta Maha Boowa, Wat Pa Baan Taad, Issan, NE Thailand, before it was too late, LuangTa was 90, and Luang Pow Punya was 80, I was 60.

Having completed ten years here, am contemplating a return to UK. Have no idea what I'll find there, but your Sangha will make an enormous difference. Sharing Dhamma with good friends is the whole of the holy life, it's the only way to continue developing clarity. Am enormously impressed with the candid honesty of these intro posts: there's no hope of development on this path without it.

Being dyslexic and thus not very scholastic, hope to benefit from developing familiarity with the usage of scriptural terminology in its various contexts.
:namaste:
Peterdac
Last edited by peterdac on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
peterdac

Postby rowboat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 am

Welcome to DhammaWheel, Peterdac!

:anjali:
Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5
rowboat

Previous