Is the "Save" Button Working?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
James N. Dawson

Is the "Save" Button Working?

Post by James N. Dawson »

I wrote a rough draft of a comment and decided to save it and edit it for later. But when I pressed "Save" the whole message just seemed to disappear. I then went to my profile page and found something like "manage your files" and when I checked my "drafts" it said I had none.

Has anybody been using "Save" successfully. Maybe it's just me---I'm not using it right.

Being able to save might help me participate on this forum better. It takes me a while to formulate and organize my thoughts.

James
mikenz66

Re: Is the "Save" Button Working?

Post by mikenz66 »

No, it doesn't work for me.

Perhaps you can write using a word processor. That way you can save it for later.

Actually, that would be good advice for many of us... :thinking:

Mike
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I've never tried it before now, but I just lost my test post too.

To prevent people inadvertently losing posts, we've now removed the Save button.

If anyone wishes to compose a post over multiple sittings, I'd recommend following Mike's advice or even using the Microsoft Notepad (for PC users). I've actually done this in the past using the drafts folder of my e-mail account, but I'll admit, that doesn't seem to be the smartest approach.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
zavk

Post by zavk »

It did work for me. In fact, I had used it several times and there are currently two old posts in my drafts folder. But anyway, a moot point now. :smile:
With metta,
zavk
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

dang i used that a lot to save up study group posts so i could just do them weeks in advance then post them the day of the sutta...

is there a way i could invisable the upcomming suttas that way i could just let them out in the world on time?

jc
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings JC,

I'll see what I can do.

If anyone else actively used the Save button previously, please PM me to let me know.

:ugeek:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."