Damn Microsoft.

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Individual

Damn Microsoft.

Post by Individual »

If anybody uses Firefox, you might want to read this:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... rs_at_risk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and remove it.

I got a really, really nasty virus while using Firefox a while back, and I suppose this is why?
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Rui Sousa

Re: Damn Microsoft.

Post by Rui Sousa »

My Firefox blocked two Microsoft add-ins today.
With Metta
Potato

Post by Potato »

Run Linux. :lol:

On a more serious note, it is reprehensible for Microsoft to have done this. Set Firefox to ask you before installing any add-ons or updates. Get antivirus protection if you don't already have it, a firewall, and install both SpyBot S&D and Ad Aware. Among free antivirus software, Comodo makes an excellent antivirus and firewall suite, and AVG is also good.
Individual

Post by Individual »

Potato wrote:Run Linux. :lol:

On a more serious note, it is reprehensible for Microsoft to have done this. Set Firefox to ask you before installing any add-ons or updates. Get antivirus protection if you don't already have it, a firewall, and install both SpyBot S&D and Ad Aware. Among free antivirus software, Comodo makes an excellent antivirus and firewall suite, and AVG is also good.
To my knowledge, Microsoft didn't install this plugin the normal way, else there's a notice by default. Instead, they basically circumvented Firefox's security, using Windows Update as a gateway through which to do it.

I think even a lawsuit by Mozilla might be in order, not that Microsoft did it intentionally, but that it was at the very least an act of extreme negligence.
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra