Dhamma Vinaya Forum in Germany

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Thitadhammo

Dhamma Vinaya Forum in Germany

Post by Thitadhammo »

Dear friends in the Dhamma, :buddha1:

here in Germany we have established a new platform for exchanging Dhamma knowledge and practical experience just a few days ago. We named it "Dhamma Vinaya Forum". It is mainly thought for a discussion of Dhamma Vinaya in the German language but we also have sections for Pali, Thai and Chinese.

http://www.dhamma-vinaya.de

For your kind suggestions and good advice we would be very grateful. :thanks:

Let the Dhammawheel now also roll in the German Version - The Volkswagen of Buddhism.... :rofl:

Best wishes from Bodhi Vihara in Freising,

Thitadhammo
Attachments
Dhamma Vinaya Forum
Dhamma Vinaya Forum
dhamma-vinaya.de.gif (41.83 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
Bodhi Vihara in Freising, Germany
http://bodhi-vihara.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben

Re: Dhamma Vinaya Forum in Germany

Post by Ben »

Dear Venerable
Congratulations on the establishment of Dhamma-Vinaya. May it be a beacon of light for all German-speaking people!
with metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Thitadhammo wrote:Dear friends in the Dhamma, :buddha1:

here in Germany we have established a new platform for exchanging Dhamma knowledge and practical experience just a few days ago. We named it "Dhamma Vinaya Forum". It is mainly thought for a discussion of Dhamma Vinaya in the German language but we also have sections for Pali, Thai and Chinese.

http://www.dhamma-vinaya.de

For your kind suggestions and good advice we would be very grateful. :thanks:

Let the Dhammawheel now also roll in the German Version - The Volkswagen of Buddhism.... :rofl:

Best wishes from Bodhi Vihara in Freising,

Thitadhammo
Grüße nach Freising und Dankeschön! Thank you.

Thinking about the bigger"vehicles" Mercedes and BMW just now... ;)
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Thitadhammo wrote:
Thitadhammo
Hi Bhante,
ROFLOL :rofl: That was a very big belly laugh

but why not the BMW??? :)

I hink ou shold put that onthe top of th forum!
but seriousy, Just had alook and it looks great, don't read o speak German so not ure what it all means for some of it, but can make a good guess at times:)
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Bhante,

Congratulations!

I registered a user name over there: TheDhamma

I thought about writing it the German way, but somehow didn't like the sound of it: DieDhamma :mrgreen:
Thitadhammo

Post by Thitadhammo »

Dear David and friends,

"Vielen Dank" and Anumoda for your lavish moral support! :group:

In German you actually would have to write DerDhamma (masculine), but in the Bavarian dialect we would say DaDhamma. (th>d) so we are getting pretty close.

Best wishes,

Thitadhammo
Bodhi Vihara in Freising, Germany
http://bodhi-vihara.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Danke schön!
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Also,i sog das Dhamma, neutrum. Es is doch kei Mo. :tongue:

I say das Dhamma, which is neutrum.
puthujjana

Post by puthujjana »

Annabel wrote:Also,i sog das Dhamma, neutrum. Es is doch kei Mo. :tongue:

Hej Annabel,

I also say "das Dhamma". It sounds better to me.

But I've read that there is a controversy among scholars which article should be used. Some say that it should be "der Dhamma", because Dhammo is masculin in Pali. Others say that it should be "das Dhamma" (like in "das Gesetz") because it was used in this way since the first German Dhamma books were written.

It's the same for "Sangho". In Pali it is masculin, so "der Sangha" would be correct, although "die Sangha" (like "die Gemeinschaft") is more common.

Anyway,
:focus:

Thank you very much Bhante Thitadhammo and Bhante Gavesako for providing this new forum. Thank you for giving the German Sangha an opportunity to communicate with the ordained Sangha. :bow:

:anjali:
with metta and mudita
Christian
"Once you understand anatta, then the burden of life is gone. You’ll be at peace with the world. When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness and we can truly be happy."
- Ajahn Chah
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Nice to see dear Bhikkhu Thitadhammo!

May der, die, das __ Dhamma roll :-)
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

I would like to recommend it as extraordinary serious, professional and compassionated moderated!
Some parts are also in English, I guess it does not matter to bring questions also in English.

:clap:
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

puthujjana wrote:
Annabel wrote:Also,i sog das Dhamma, neutrum. Es is doch kei Mo. :tongue:

Hej Annabel,

I also say "das Dhamma". It sounds better to me.

But I've read that there is a controversy among scholars which article should be used. Some say that it should be "der Dhamma", because Dhammo is masculin in Pali. Others say that it should be "das Dhamma" (like in "das Gesetz") because it was used in this way since the first German Dhamma books were written.

It's the same for "Sangho". In Pali it is masculin, so "der Sangha" would be correct, although "die Sangha" (like "die Gemeinschaft") is more common.

Christian

Danke für deine Antwort, Christian! :anjali:

I also say "das Sangha", neutrum.

Der and die feels wrong. Oh well. :thinking: