Dhamma Vinaya Forum in Germany

Includes our Terms Of Service (please read first)

Dhamma Vinaya Forum in Germany

Postby Thitadhammo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:57 am

Dear friends in the Dhamma, :buddha1:

here in Germany we have established a new platform for exchanging Dhamma knowledge and practical experience just a few days ago. We named it "Dhamma Vinaya Forum". It is mainly thought for a discussion of Dhamma Vinaya in the German language but we also have sections for Pali, Thai and Chinese.

http://www.dhamma-vinaya.de

For your kind suggestions and good advice we would be very grateful. :thanks:

Let the Dhammawheel now also roll in the German Version - The Volkswagen of Buddhism.... :rofl:

Best wishes from Bodhi Vihara in Freising,

Thitadhammo
Attachments
dhamma-vinaya.de.gif
Dhamma Vinaya Forum
dhamma-vinaya.de.gif (42.12 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
Bodhi Vihara in Freising, Germany
http://bodhi-vihara.org
Thitadhammo

Re: Dhamma Vinaya Forum in Germany

Postby Ben » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 am

Dear Venerable
Congratulations on the establishment of Dhamma-Vinaya. May it be a beacon of light for all German-speaking people!
with metta

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Annapurna » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am

Thitadhammo wrote:Dear friends in the Dhamma, :buddha1:

here in Germany we have established a new platform for exchanging Dhamma knowledge and practical experience just a few days ago. We named it "Dhamma Vinaya Forum". It is mainly thought for a discussion of Dhamma Vinaya in the German language but we also have sections for Pali, Thai and Chinese.

http://www.dhamma-vinaya.de

For your kind suggestions and good advice we would be very grateful. :thanks:

Let the Dhammawheel now also roll in the German Version - The Volkswagen of Buddhism.... :rofl:

Best wishes from Bodhi Vihara in Freising,

Thitadhammo

Grüße nach Freising und Dankeschön! Thank you.

Thinking about the bigger"vehicles" Mercedes and BMW just now... ;)
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:56 am

Thitadhammo wrote:
Thitadhammo

Hi Bhante,
ROFLOL :rofl: That was a very big belly laugh

but why not the BMW??? :)

I hink ou shold put that onthe top of th forum!
but seriousy, Just had alook and it looks great, don't read o speak German so not ure what it all means for some of it, but can make a good guess at times:)
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Bhante,

Congratulations!

I registered a user name over there: TheDhamma

I thought about writing it the German way, but somehow didn't like the sound of it: DieDhamma :mrgreen:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Thitadhammo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:53 am

Dear David and friends,

"Vielen Dank" and Anumoda for your lavish moral support! :group:

In German you actually would have to write DerDhamma (masculine), but in the Bavarian dialect we would say DaDhamma. (th>d) so we are getting pretty close.

Best wishes,

Thitadhammo
Bodhi Vihara in Freising, Germany
http://bodhi-vihara.org
Thitadhammo

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Danke schön!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Annapurna » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Also,i sog das Dhamma, neutrum. Es is doch kei Mo. :tongue:

I say das Dhamma, which is neutrum.
Annapurna

Postby puthujjana » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Annabel wrote:Also,i sog das Dhamma, neutrum. Es is doch kei Mo. :tongue:

Hej Annabel,

I also say "das Dhamma". It sounds better to me.

But I've read that there is a controversy among scholars which article should be used. Some say that it should be "der Dhamma", because Dhammo is masculin in Pali. Others say that it should be "das Dhamma" (like in "das Gesetz") because it was used in this way since the first German Dhamma books were written.

It's the same for "Sangho". In Pali it is masculin, so "der Sangha" would be correct, although "die Sangha" (like "die Gemeinschaft") is more common.

Anyway,
:focus:

Thank you very much Bhante Thitadhammo and Bhante Gavesako for providing this new forum. Thank you for giving the German Sangha an opportunity to communicate with the ordained Sangha. :bow:

:anjali:
with metta and mudita
Christian
"Once you understand anatta, then the burden of life is gone. You’ll be at peace with the world. When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness and we can truly be happy."
- Ajahn Chah
puthujjana

Postby Hanzze » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Nice to see dear Bhikkhu Thitadhammo!

May der, die, das __ Dhamma roll :-)
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby Hanzze » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I would like to recommend it as extraordinary serious, professional and compassionated moderated!
Some parts are also in English, I guess it does not matter to bring questions also in English.

:clap:
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby Annapurna » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:36 pm

puthujjana wrote:
Annabel wrote:Also,i sog das Dhamma, neutrum. Es is doch kei Mo. :tongue:

Hej Annabel,

I also say "das Dhamma". It sounds better to me.

But I've read that there is a controversy among scholars which article should be used. Some say that it should be "der Dhamma", because Dhammo is masculin in Pali. Others say that it should be "das Dhamma" (like in "das Gesetz") because it was used in this way since the first German Dhamma books were written.

It's the same for "Sangho". In Pali it is masculin, so "der Sangha" would be correct, although "die Sangha" (like "die Gemeinschaft") is more common.

Christian

Danke für deine Antwort, Christian! :anjali:

I also say "das Sangha", neutrum.

Der and die feels wrong. Oh well. :thinking:
Annapurna

Return to Announcements