HI

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Janell

HI

Post by Janell »

Well. I don't know what to say except Hello. So hello. I'm here because I want to talk about the spirit world. We, as human beings or society, have talked about the spirit world in the past. But it seems to me that creation, once again, has been able to destroy something that it created for varying reasons but reasons just the same. We seemed to have become so highly intelligent that despite our own history, we can not even realize that our own intelligence, is also a figment of our imagination.

So. If there is anyone on here that does believe that spirits do exist; that they are a reality, then I would love to have some conversation about it.

The actual history. That is what I'm after. I'm not after twin flames and all the love and astrology stuff; although it is very attractive :), but I believe that it serves as a shine penny and has its own place in this world, but just not in this conversation :)

:namaste:

Janell
Annapurna

Re: HI

Post by Annapurna »

Hi,Janell.

How long have I known you now? 3 years?

And finally you follow my invitation. That's so nice. So, welcome!

I hope that you will find good new friends here, and I think you will. You may even find more, actually, than conversations about spirits, even though in Buddhism we know "hungry ghosts" (BOO!) :jawdrop: and demons :o and Devas :anjali: , you'll be surprised...

Buddhists are the kindest folks you can imagine.

I hope you'll soon feel at home here, we understand you come as you are, with a huge heart, and a fine mind. :group:

Welcome. :hug:

Shanti :anjali:
Janell

Post by Janell »

Yep. 3 years. I guess. I will have to think about it. But either way, you are a dear dear friend and that is all that matters, right? Time, it is also a figment of our imagination that only serves to limit us in the manifestation, I believe. And, you give good advice. It comes directly from your heart :)

So, yes. I hope we can strike up some interesting conversations and shed a little light, on the subject.

Janell
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

And read some topics, if you like. There is an abundance of information here.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Welcome friend

:anjali:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Janell
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
I hope you like it here.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

HI there! Welcome to DhammaWheel!! :hello:

There are references to "spirits" in the Buddhist literature. There are some videos on youtube ( by the now famous dhammatube) which show monks talking about ghosts. It's up to you to believe their stories (or not). I give a couple below:

Metta, :anjali:
Dhammabodhi
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
Janell

Post by Janell »

Hi everyone and thank you for the welcomes.

And thank you Dhammabodhi for the videos. Does this mean that you believe in spirits?

Janell
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Janell, unfortunately I deleted our correspondece via PM, but wanna ask those questions again here?

(Do you remember them at all? Blank mind here, :broke: but the questions were super. :juggling:
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

I sent you a PM.
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Hi Janell,

My take on all this is rather of an agnostic. Whether spirits exist or not is like asking whether aliens exist or not: in all likelihood they probably do, but there's no convincing scientific "proof" for it. So I like to keep an open mind. In my opinion, however, this kind of belief doesn't help in improving your day-to-day life, and from a Buddhist perspective does not help in the cessation of suffering.

Metta,:anjali:
Dhammabodhi
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka