Twitter

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Twitter

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:32 pm

I just joined Twitter. Here is the url:

https://twitter.com/dhammawiki

I already have too many personal sites with facebook, etc. so made this one to represent Dhamma Wiki.

Feel free to post your twitter url here, if you have one.

Still not sure how to use it or what to do. :tongue:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Twitter

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Greetings,

My username there is shravaka, but I'll be honest, I don't actively do anything on Twitter.

I just sign up to a few bands and such that I like to get updates on what they're doing.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:45 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

My username there is shravaka, but I'll be honest, I don't actively do anything on Twitter.

I just sign up to a few bands and such that I like to get updates on what they're doing.

Metta,

Yes I do the same thing. I am on Twitter but never actually Tweet, my life isn't interesting enough!

I just follow people I have an interest in such as Stephen Fry, John Cleese, Jonathan Ross, Yoko Ono and Russell Brand.
Perry

Postby poto » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Twitter is just another publishing platform. How you use it and what you publish is up to you. For example, lot of bloggers tend to update twitter when they make a new blog post. If you want to use twitter specifically to promote DhammaWiki, I would suggest you update twitter when new or interesting content is added to DhammaWiki.

I rarely post anything these days, but here's mine anyways:
http://twitter.com/potomoto
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
poto

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

poto wrote: If you want to use twitter specifically to promote DhammaWiki, I would suggest you update twitter when new or interesting content is added to DhammaWiki.

:thumbsup: Good idea.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby pink_trike » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 pm

I wish someone would build a combo with all the features of facebook, twitter, forums, and google wave all in one place.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Greetings pink_trike,

pink_trike wrote:I wish someone would build a combo with all the features of facebook, twitter, forums, and google wave all in one place.

Then there'd be one more site you'd be obliged to join! :tongue:

Metta,
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 pm

I just tried tweeting with a link and it wouldn't work. Does twitter not allow links? When I did it without the link, it went through with no problem.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Perhaps David your tweet needs a tweak!
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief

Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Ben wrote:Perhaps David your tweet needs a tweak!

:rofl:

Yes, I'd say so!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby adamposey » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:10 am

David N. Snyder wrote:I just tried tweeting with a link and it wouldn't work. Does twitter not allow links? When I did it without the link, it went through with no problem.

The problem with twitter is the 140 Character limit. It is common for tweets to contain links, but using a shortener like bit.ly :)
adamposey

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 am

adamposey wrote:The problem with twitter is the 140 Character limit. It is common for tweets to contain links, but using a shortener like bit.ly :)

Thanks! I just changed my tweet to include the link I wanted to put.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Lounge