Its a girl!!!!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Its a girl!!!!

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:50 pm

So i just found out that i am having a baby girl! Her name is Maya and i cant wait to meet her.

:namaste:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Re: Its a girl!!!!

Postby clw_uk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:52 pm

congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: Maya, thats a beautiful name :thumbsup:
“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:54 pm

clw_uk wrote:congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: Maya, thats a beautiful name :thumbsup:

Thank you! It was the Buddha's mother's name. Queen Maya.

The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby zamis » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 pm

:clap: congratulations pop!
"You're almost at the end of your lease in this burning house and yet you continue latching onto it as your self. It tricks you into feeling fear and love, and when you fall for it, what path will you practice? " Upasika Kee Nanayon

http://www.bhikkhuni.net
zamis

Postby Element » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Cool. Congratulations. You have just taken birth as a Bodhisatva. :smile:

Element

Postby genkaku » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:54 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!
genkaku

Postby Tex » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Big congrats!!!
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby Dhammanando » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:19 pm

:buddha1:

sā atthaladdhā sukhitā, viruḷhā buddhasāsane
    arogā sukhitā hohi, saha sabbehi ñātibhi!

May she obtain welfare and happiness and grow in Buddha's dispensation,
    Without disease and happy may she be, together with all her relatives.

Best wishes,
    Dhammanando Bhikkhu
    ...and this thought arose in the mind of the Blessed One:
    “Who lives without reverence lives miserably.”
    Uruvela Sutta, A.ii.20

It were endless to dispute upon everything that is disputable.
    — William Penn Some Fruits of Solitude,
Dhammanando

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Thank you all very much! Thank you Bhante thank you for your blessings. That means so much to me and my wife thank you.

bodom

Postby BubbaBuddhist » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

How wonderful!

Bb
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
BubbaBuddhist

Postby piper » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Congratulations! :hello:
piper

Postby Placid-pool » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh very well done - when do I start knitting?
Placid-pool

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Placid-pool wrote:Oh very well done - when do I start knitting?

lol she is due june 12th.

bodom

Postby Placid-pool » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Better get going - I'm already on the needles for a friend's wife!
Placid-pool

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Placid-pool wrote:Better get going - I'm already on the needles for a friend's wife!

Were keepin ya busy! lol

bodom

Postby Fede » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 pm

What good fortune for the little girl!

I wish I could tell her what a wonderful family awaits her!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:hug:

"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/
Fede

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Thank you! Thank you fede so much. Thats really sweet of you.

bodom

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Excellent! Sadhu!

Congratulations!

What a great name! The best part about that name is that it is Buddhist (Maha-Maya-devi, Buddha's mother) and still very Western and modern.

:clap:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 pm

TheDhamma wrote:Excellent! Sadhu!

Congratulations!

What a great name! The best part about that name is that it is Buddhist (Maha-Maya-devi, Buddha's mother) and still very Western and modern.

:clap:

Agreed! I cant wait till people ask me where i got it. Thank you for your blessings.

bodom

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Congratulations BBB!
May you all be well and happy!
Metta

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Heraclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Next

Return to Lounge