In viewing who is online

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

In viewing who is online

Post by tiltbillings »

In viewing who is online, this was displayed:
Google Adsense [Bot] Replying to message in The Dhammic free-for-all

I cannot wait to see what the Google Adsense [Bot] has to say.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Sanghamitta

Re: In viewing who is online

Post by Sanghamitta »

It would probably be depressing Tiltbillings, he is a cousin of Marvin The Paranoid Android from The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
cooran

Post by cooran »

He is very shy ~~ you two stop bullying him! ~~~ the poor little thing has pulled in his horns and now only shows "Google Adsense [Bot]".
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

I found a photo of him:
Attachments
421824477_7eb6a3817a[1].jpg
421824477_7eb6a3817a[1].jpg (40.24 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Beautiful eyes...and doubles as a tin opener. Over here robot, to this can of worms... :smile:
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I have seen a yahoo & Google bot on the who is online befor?

I wonder if they argue?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Might look something like this:

Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

There mst be a war Ask jeeves, Google and yahoo [bots] are all on
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
poto

Post by poto »

Manapa wrote:There mst be a war Ask jeeves, Google and yahoo [bots] are all on
Sometimes the bots do more crawling late at night (at least late for here in the states) to put less load on websites. Typically less people are on at those times, at least if the majority of your visitors are US-based.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
zavk

Post by zavk »

And then there's Baidu, who is more of the quiet, artistic type:
Many people have asked about the meaning of our name. 'Baidu' was inspired by a poem written more than 800 years ago during the Song Dynasty. The poem compared the search for a retreating beauty amid chaotic glamour with the search for one's dream while confronted by life's many obstacles. '...hundreds and thousands of times, for her I searched in chaos, suddenly, I turned by chance, to where the lights were waning, and there she stood.' (Chinese: 众里寻他千百度,蓦然回首,那人却在灯火阑珊处;) Baidu, whose literal meaning is hundreds of times, represents persistent search for the ideal.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baidu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With metta,
zavk
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Hmm, all three bots are still here. They must be in cahoots...
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
poto

Post by poto »

Also, the more content you add to a website the more frequent bot visits you get. More threads and more posts means more content for them to crawl. They're hungry little critters and will consume all the content you make available to them.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis