Mindfulness, fastfood restaurants and right/wrong livelihood

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
ashtanga

Re: Mindfulness, fastfood restaurants and right/wrong livelihood

Post by ashtanga »

Yeah dont worry mate! Of all the evil that does happen in the world, working for Micky Dee's is nothing - especially if your intention is to move on even better!

Mines a Fish Burger please! :toast:

Tony...
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Jack,

Sorry, I guess there was some collateral damage. I guess tobacco really isn't including in the lists of intoxicants or poisons so you're really fine. I should have been more mindful of my underlying assumptions which cause me to view tobacco as nothing more than a toxic substance (I smoked two packs a day for over 10 years so I have quite an aversion now). Metta.

Mike
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Hi Mike & Ben

Thanks for your responses. Indeed I hope I'll be out of the cancer stick business in just a few months. There was a day a few weeks ago where an older lady came in with pretty bad emphysema, she asked for 8 packets of cigarettes. I wanted to flat out refuse her, there should be a law against selling sick people cigarettes or something...

:anjali:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks