Ajahn Brahm talks removed from Dharma Seed?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
James the Giant

Ajahn Brahm talks removed from Dharma Seed?

Post by James the Giant »

In the past I have downloaded lots of Ajahn Brahm's dhamma talks from Dharma Seed http://www.dharmaseed.org/teachers but now there's not a single talk from him on there.
What's up? Is it possibly part of him being expelled from his order? Hmmm....
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
tiltbillings

Re: Ajahn Brahm talks removed from Dharma Seed?

Post by tiltbillings »

James the Giant wrote:In the past I have downloaded lots of Ajahn Brahm's dhamma talks from Dharma Seed http://www.dharmaseed.org/teachers but now there's not a single talk from him on there.
What's up? Is it possibly part of him being expelled from his order? Hmmm....
Are you sure it was Dharmaseed? Not that I was looking for his talk (not liking him all that much), but I have never seen them there and usually the teachers whose talks are there are one's who have taught at IMS and Spirit Rock and a few other such centers.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Using the Wayback Machine, which only goes to Aug 04, 2008 with Dharmaseed, there is no evidence of Ajahn B. I could be wrong, if between then and now they included his talks and then removed them. You might ask Dharmaseed why.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I don't remember either if he was on Dhamma Seed or not. Here are some good sources for his talks:

http://www.what-buddha-taught.net/audio_files.htm#Brahm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bswa.org/modules/mydownloads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

you maybe thinking of Dhammathreads which is the Forest sanghas cd site, or Dhammatalks which is another one of their sites, he has been removed from these.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

Oh, sounds like I was mistaken. I wonder where I got all those talks from... :thinking:

Thanks!
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Perhaps BSWA Podcasts?
http://www.bswa.org/modules/mydownloads ... php?cid=28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As someone said, there used to be a link from:
http://www.dhammatalks.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
which has been removed.

Mike
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I also removed his talks from my site, but that was before I knew anything about the bhikkhunī ordination, and has nothing to do with that business. I removed them because they were long out of date, and I don't have time to update the site or the free CD that I produced several years ago. It makes more sense to visit the BSWA site, where all of the latest talks are available, as well as the older talks.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Is anyone else finding the BSWA site very slow to load? I have been trying to download the latest talk and it never loads properly, furthermore I cannot right click, save as because all I get is some file named 'visit'

:anjali:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
bodhabill

Post by bodhabill »

Hi Jack

Very slow downloading Ajahm Brahms latest "This Too Will Pass"

I download through iTunes and it took about four attempts to get it all

But as always it was worth it :smile:

With Metta
Bill
Last edited by bodhabill on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Complaining is finding faults, wisdom is finding solutions" Ajahn Brahm
Moggalana

Post by Moggalana »

Yes, it took something like four hours to get that talk. Maybe it is because they are working on a new version of the site and forum? Or maybe they are getting some Denial-of-service attacks because of all the bhikkhuni ordination controversy. That would be very uncool, and I hope I'm wrong. Probably just some technical problems.
Let it come. Let it be. Let it go.
bodhabill

Post by bodhabill »

Hi Moggalana

The following was on the BSWA home page
BSWA News : Closure of Old Forums
Posted by BoSchafers on 2009/12/1 18:20:20 (643 reads)

Due to ongoing software and security issues, as well as comments by users about it's inefficacy, our community forum has been closed for the time being. We thank all active community members for their contributions in the past years.

For some time now we have been working on a new website which will be released in a few weeks. It is planned that a new, cutting-edge (vbulletin) community forum will be available there over time. We will contact all current forum members when this occurs via email.
With Metta
Bill
"Complaining is finding faults, wisdom is finding solutions" Ajahn Brahm
Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

Does it strike anyone else as ironic that there are problems around the time it is taking to download a talk called " This Too Will Pass" ? :smile:
Sometimes the lessons are not only contained in the content of things..
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

James the Giant wrote:Oh, sounds like I was mistaken. I wonder where I got all those talks from... :thinking:

Thanks!
The Dhamma thread sit linked to BSWA anyway and I believe other sited done the same, so probably there but I see that site is down now according to the comments above?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill