Its a girl!!!!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Re: Its a girl!!!!

Postby cooran » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Hello bbb,

CONGRATULATIONS To the happy parents-to-be! :clap:

Does this mean you will turn into Bodom_Good_Boy now? - after all you have to set the example for the precious little bundle arriving in June. :jumping:

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby jcsuperstar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:31 pm

:clap:
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Congrats

and best of health too you all
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby zavk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :twothumbsup: :D
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 am

Chris wrote:Hello bbb,

Does this mean you will turn into Bodom_Good_Boy now? - after all you have to set the example for the precious little bundle arriving in June. :jumping:

Jeez that made me laugh!
Oh dear, I think I better get myself a chair closer to the ground so I don't hurt myself when I fall off it again!
Congrats again Bodum "Good" Boy!
Ahh haaa!

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby genkaku » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:42 am

Congratulations to one and all!

Now hurry up and get some sleep!

All best wishes.
genkaku

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:17 am

Wonder if
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Placid-pool » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(and I don't normally get gooey about babies ......... puppies yes, babies no)
Placid-pool

Postby bodom » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Chris wrote:Hello bbb,

metta
Chris

Haha yeah its definitely time to grow up! Actually bodom bad boy is my cat's name. He's the bad one not me lol. But seriously thanks for all the well wishes. They are really really appreciated more than you know. Thanks!

:namaste:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby chicka-Dee » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Wonderful news!!! Congrats :) Is this your first? (Sorry if you already answered this.. I zipped thru the comments.) I have two boys, and I miss that 'girl enery' (being the only girl in the house). I'm very happy for you and your wife.
"The image is a dream. The beauty is real. Can you see the difference?" ~Richard Bach from "Illusions"
chicka-Dee

Postby Annapurna » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:17 pm

:toast:
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby GrahamR » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:19 pm

bodom_bad_boy wrote:
lol she is due june 12th.

:namaste:

Congtarulations from my family too.

By the way, we have our second due on 9 July. Don't know which variety yet, but the last one was a girl, now ages two.

With metta :bow:

Graham
With metta :bow:
Graham
GrahamR

Postby Tex » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:27 pm

Congrats to you as well, Graham!

:toast:
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Previous

Return to Lounge