I am here to make your forum great.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Bozworth

I am here to make your forum great.

Post by Bozworth »

Hello.

I went by 'Lasers go Pew Pew' on Esangha, but I am taking this as an opportunity to rename myself based on my strange affinity for Brian Bosworth, his Oakleys, his popped collar, and his bitchin' hairdo.

So after being away for a while, I noticed that Esangha appears to be no more. So it goes.

Today, I stumbled across this site and noticed that quite a few of my favorite peeps from that site post here. And it's strictly Theravada to boot! I think I'll be staying...

Cheers.
:toast:
pink_trike

Re: I am here to make your forum great.

Post by pink_trike »

Lasers go Pew Pew
This was the best username ever...

Glad you found your way here.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Good to see you here Boz!

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Yep... that was a cool name.

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Bozworth wrote: I went by 'Lasers go Pew Pew' on Esangha, but I am taking this as an opportunity to rename myself based on my strange affinity for Brian Bosworth, his Oakleys, his popped collar,
:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel! Strangely, I have an affinity toward that look too, mostly on women. :tongue:

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... 26_fashion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... st_fashion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Welcome! :twothumbsup:
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Hi Bozworth, welcome! :anjali:
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Mike
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

David N. Snyder wrote:
Bozworth wrote: I went by 'Lasers go Pew Pew' on Esangha, but I am taking this as an opportunity to rename myself based on my strange affinity for Brian Bosworth, his Oakleys, his popped collar,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel! Strangely, I have an affinity toward that look too, mostly on women. :tongue:

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... 26_fashion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... st_fashion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grace Jones rocked that hairdo. :)
Attachments
grace_jones-thumb-500x485-thumb-500x485.jpg
grace_jones-thumb-500x485-thumb-500x485.jpg (16.78 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
Bozworth

Post by Bozworth »

pink_trike wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:

Grace Jones rocked that hairdo. :)
I found those fashion links very interesting. I had always thought popped collars started as a hockey coach thing.

From the angle in the avatar, I can see how one may mistake Brian Bosworth's hairdo for a simple Grace Jones-like pencil-top. However, if we look at it from another angle:

We can see he is also sporting a mullet, which completes the look. Here is a shot of him at maximum plumage:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Cuffed and Stuffed Bozworth
Attachments
BBosworthArrest0305_02-full[1].jpg
BBosworthArrest0305_02-full[1].jpg (92.15 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

Bozworth wrote: We can see he is also sporting a mullet, which completes the look. Here is a shot of him at maximum plumage:
I confess, I once had this same plumage...shaved closer and higher on the sides. With green or purple streaks and a few dreds. Gawd, the late 70s, early 80s were fun. :tongue:
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

pink_trike wrote:

I confess, I once had this same plumage...shaved closer and higher on the sides. With green or purple streaks and a few dreds. Gawd, the late 70s, early 80s were fun. :tongue:
Attachments
striped bozworth
striped bozworth
dwi-brian-bosworth-717443[1].jpg (38.21 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
cooran

Post by cooran »

It's a Boy Thing? or rather, it's an American Boy Thing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Bosworth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Chris wrote:It's a Boy Thing? or rather, it's an American Boy Thing?
Damdifino. I never heard of this guy before now. Googling him, while providing some entertainment, I could have happily lived my life without ever hearing about him.