Free Dhamma books shipped to you

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Tex

Free Dhamma books shipped to you

Post by Tex »

Apologies if this has already been posted here, I looked around and didn't see anything on it.

The link at the bottom offers a selection of books including quite a few Theravada books. They will ship them free of charge (they do of course accept donations).

They have an online order form, if you fill it out and copy/paste it into an e-mail you should hear back quickly. I had an e-mail confirmation within three days and the books arrived about 2 1/2 months later -- they sent all five that I requested and six other Theravada selections.

Also, the list of available titles changes, you might want to bookmark it and check in with them periodically.

Happy reading...

http://www.budaedu.org/en/book/II-02main.php3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
bodom

Re: Free Dhamma books shipped to you

Post by bodom »

Thanks for the link!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Dhammakid

Post by Dhammakid »

Hello all,
I placed my online order last week and I haven't heard back from them. I'll wait a bit longer and see what happens. If nothing, then I hear most of those titles can actually be found free online. So I'll do some searches and see what I come up with.

:namaste:
Dhammakid
Tex

Post by Tex »

Hello Dhammakid, I placed my order last summer so perhaps they're just backlogged at the moment.

Also, I wrote to Metta Forest Monastery (address, among others, in this link) to request a copy of Thanissaro Bhikkhu's The Wings to Awakening and received that book, Meditations, and four others, and since they're here in the States I had the books within only a couple of weeks: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/outsources/books.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have some time on my hands this evening, I'll see what others I can dig up...
Last edited by Tex on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Dhammakid

Post by Dhammakid »

Tex wrote:Hello Dhammakid, I placed my order last summer so perhaps they're just backlogged at the moment.

Also, I wrote to Metta Forest Monastery (address, among others, in this link) to request a copy of Thanissaro Bhikkhu's The Wings to Awakening and received that book, Meditations, and four others: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/outsources/books.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have some time on my hands this evening, I'll see what others I can dig up...
Thanks for the link Tex. I suppose Budaedu is backlogged at the moment.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Found another, haven't used this service yet so I can't comment, but they seem to have a tremendous selection. Note that they do ask for reimbursement of postage:

http://www.what-buddha-taught.net/Free_Dhamma_Books.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;