Post editing

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Jason

Post editing

Post by Jason »

I kindly suggest that moderators stop editing posts so often. Let us read what people have to say.
"Sabbe dhamma nalam abhinivesaya" (AN 7.58).

leaves in the hand (Buddhist-related blog)
leaves in the forest (non-Buddhist related blog)
retrofuturist

Re: Post editing

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Elohim,
Elohim wrote:I kindly suggest that moderators stop editing posts so often. Let us read what people have to say.
To the best of my knowledge, posts only get edited when people's posts do not adhere to the Terms Of Service... in which case, they shouldn't have said what they said in the first place. I often leave some indication of what the removed content was about for people such as yourself so you can follow the poster's message/logic, and for the poster so they can see specifically what they did that was unacceptable so that they can learn for next time.

Personally, I can't think of a fairer way to do it. If you think you have a better way, please let me know.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Jason

Post by Jason »

Retro,
retrofuturist wrote:To the best of my knowledge, posts only get edited when people's posts do not adhere to the Terms Of Service... in which case, they shouldn't have said what they said in the first place. I often leave some indication of what the removed content was about for people such as yourself so you can follow the poster's message/logic, and for the poster so they can see specifically what they did that was unacceptable so that they can learn for next time.

Personally, I can't think of a fairer way to do it. If you think you have a better way, please let me know.
It has nothing to do with being fair, just less restrictive. I guess I'm just wary of too much moderation.

Jason
"Sabbe dhamma nalam abhinivesaya" (AN 7.58).

leaves in the hand (Buddhist-related blog)
leaves in the forest (non-Buddhist related blog)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Jason,
Elohim wrote:I guess I'm just wary of too much moderation.
So are we.

Hence we're very transparent about what's done and why.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."