Welcome kstjames and everyone else!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
DNS
Site Admin

Welcome kstjames and everyone else!

Post by DNS »

kstjames, joined Dhamma Wheel today at Christmas eve, about 8 pm, West coast time of the U.S. which makes 1,000 members!

And it all happens just a few days before our first anniversary!

Dhamma Wheel began on Jan. 1, 2009 and now has 1,000 members and nearly 50,000 posts!

:woohoo:

:group:
notself

Re: Welcome kstjames and everyone else!

Post by notself »

Thank you for this wonderful site. :anjali: :thanks:
Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he is indeed the noblest victor who conquers himself. ---Dhp 103
Ben

Post by Ben »

David N. Snyder wrote:kstjames, joined Dhamma Wheel today at Christmas eve, about 8 pm, West coast time of the U.S. which makes 1,000 members!
Christmas eve in the US coincides with Christmas Day in Australia!
Welcome to kstjames!
One thousand members and a few days short of our first birthday, let the celebrations begin!
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
cooran

Post by cooran »

Congratulations Dhamma Wheel (and welcome kstjames :group: )

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

yay!

:tongue:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
bodom

Post by bodom »

Sadhu!!! Heres to many more years!!!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Fede

Post by Fede »

Whenever you hear that someone else has been successful, rejoice.
Always practice rejoicing for others--whether your friend or your enemy.
If you cannot practice rejoicing, no matter how long you live, you will not be happy.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche.

I rejoice and am so happy for the founders, moderators and members of this forum, past, present and to come.
Long may you, as DhammaWheel, keep rolling along!

With love from a too-infrequent visitor.
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kenw1947

Post by Kenw1947 »

Hello everyone and greetings from southern Idaho, USA. I'm new to this group so hope to get to know everyone. I still am trying to learn how to post messages.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Kenw1947 wrote:Hello everyone and greetings from southern Idaho, USA. I'm new to this group so hope to get to know everyone. I still am trying to learn how to post messages.
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:

Evidently you've now worked out how to post a message, since it appears just above this one of mine, but if you are experiencing any technical difficulties, feel free to ask in the Suggestion Box forum and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."