Dhamma Wheel members online "bomb"

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

Re: Dhamma Wheel members online "bomb"

Post by Ben »

Annabel wrote:Wow, Ben, and that's on YouTube?

Congratulations to such a wonderful message!

I saw a lot of guests on-line today, so maybe this was helpful for some people to find us!

By mere coincidence (or not?) I zapped myself briefly into a documentary about Tasmania yesterday, and thought: Oh look, so this is where Ben lives....!

They showed the little black devils and talked about the catching tumur. What a pity. I couldn't watch all of it, but they spoke about the intact nature and I saw some beautiful scenic views Perhaps it gets repeated today, and I can watch more...

And: Honor to whom honor belongs: Fede wrote the witty post, but I wholeheartedly agree !! :woohoo:

Happy new Year!

Anna
Thanks Anna
It just goes to show, I shouldn't post when I am tired!
Over Christmas we had some friends come to visit and we did a couple of day trips. When my friend Malcolm sends me a disc with the photos he took, I'll upload some of them here.
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

The Bomb worked! It is just a day late. :tongue:

At least 50 users consistently online for the past half hour and

106 at 8:51 pm (West coast U.S. time).
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Awesome.

:twothumbsup:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Monkey Mind

Post by Monkey Mind »

Congrats! :woohoo:
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.

Sutta Nipāta 3.710
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks again to everyone here at Dhamma Wheel for making this a great place for the discussion of Buddha-Dhamma.

Many thanks have been given here and in other threads to the admins. and moderators, and we are quick to put this appreciation back to all members, who really are the ones who have made this a successful place. Let us not also forget the work one member who volunteered his time to make the Sutta Study group a success:

jcsuperstar (jc brand -- James)

He is the moderator for the Sutta Group. His tireless work and devotion to the Study Group forum has provided many good discussions on the Suttas of the Tipitaka.

:toast:

:buddha2:

:group:
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

David N. Snyder wrote:The Bomb worked! It is just a day late. :tongue:

At least 50 users consistently online for the past half hour and

106 at 8:51 pm (West coast U.S. time).
Oh, no, we'll have to teach people the clock again!!! :tongue: :lol:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
David N. Snyder wrote:Let us not also forget the work one member who volunteered his time to make the Sutta Study group a success:

He is the moderator for the Sutta Group. His tireless work and devotion to the Study Group forum has provided many good discussions on the Suttas of the Tipitaka.

:toast:
:thumbsup:

:reading:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Well said, David!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
cooran

Post by cooran »

David said: Let us not also forget the work one member who volunteered his time to make the Sutta Study group a success:
jcsuperstar and his efforts are much appreciated. I don't post very often in that particular forum, but read the threads and appreciate jc's work. :bow:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---