How to search?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
bazzaman

How to search?

Post by bazzaman »

Last edited by bazzaman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,
BlackBird

Re: How to search?

Post by BlackBird »

Number two is the story of Isidasi Theri

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.usamyanmar.net/Buddha/Articl ... 0Theri.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

metta
Jack :heart:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

And the first one is...

SN 20.7: Ani Sutta
http://www.mahindarama.com/e-tipitaka/s ... sn20-7.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for "how to search" I used Google Saffron and searched for works of poets. Sometimes putting things in quotation marks can be useful if you're looking for a particular string of words. For search tips usable in Google and Google Saffron, see: http://www.google.com/support/websearch ... wer=136861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
poto

Post by poto »

I see the suttas are already covered, so maybe I can be of some help with the memory issues.

Dual N-Back is a free brain game you can play that will help increase working memory. I highly recommend it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

There is also a thread called going mental which may interest you on the memory side of your question. http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ead#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
bazzaman

Post by bazzaman »

Last edited by bazzaman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,
salty-J

Post by salty-J »

poto wrote:I see the suttas are already covered, so maybe I can be of some help with the memory issues.

Dual N-Back is a free brain game you can play that will help increase working memory. I highly recommend it.
sweet! Thanks for posting this link, I have the ADDs :quote: , and will try this today!
:jumping:
"It is what it is." -foreman infamous for throwing wrenches in fits of rage