From little things big things grow...

Includes our Terms Of Service (please read first)

From little things big things grow...

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:21 am

Greetings everyone,

I'd just like to announce that today, after only a few days of operation, we've hit the 50 member mark.

I would like to personally thank everyone who has taken an interest in the site so far and I look forward to discussing the Dhamma with you.

Thank you for your support.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: From little things big things grow...

Postby bukowski » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:53 am

Hi Retro. :D , (and Ben.)

Nice place you have hear. I hope it's a huge success. As you know i'm a zen head, so i'm not sure how appropriate some of the discussion will be to my practice, but i will certainly drop by regularly.

Nice to see two of the very best, most level headed and compassionate people on the web strike out on thier own.

Good luck! Take care, Karl.
bukowski

Postby appicchato » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:45 am

bukowski wrote:Hi Retro. :D , (and Ben.)
Nice to see two of the very best, most level headed and compassionate people on the web strike out on thier own.

Wholeheartedly agree!... :D
appicchato

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks Paul, Bhante, Karl and all

It been a humbling experience to see the rapid interest, the growing company of old and new friends gather around to discuss and learn about that which we love most of all.
Karl, let me tell you that you are more than welcome here at the Dhammawheel.
Metta

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby christopher::: » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:13 am

Really, Ben, you all have created a wonderful space. I'm here thanks to a personal invitation from Retro, otherwise i never would have found the location. I sent that info on to bukowski and a few others inviting them over. I would strongly encourage you all to send personal invitations to dhamma friends who you think might benefit from the community here, and have something positive to add. A lot of non-Theravadan Buddhists we know would very much enjoy the company and conversation here I think, but may be a little hesitant about coming over and posting unless personally invited. For most actually there is no other way to find out about the Wheel's existance...!

:)
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
christopher:::

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:55 am

christopher::: wrote:Really, Ben, you all have created a wonderful space. I'm here thanks to a personal invitation from Retro, otherwise i never would have found the location. I sent that info on to bukowski and a few others inviting them over. I would strongly encourage you all to send personal invitations to dhamma friends who you think might benefit from the community here, and have something positive to add. A lot of non-Theravadan Buddhists we know would very much enjoy the company and conversation here I think, but may be a little hesitant about coming over and posting unless personally invited. For most actually there is no other way to find out about the Wheel's existance...!

:)

Thank you Chris!
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

Ben
Site Admin

Postby Tex » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Just want to say "Bravo!" on the site, it looks great!

:clap:
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby clw_uk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:48 pm

Just wanted to throw my thanks in as well :namaste:
“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Postby Will » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:26 pm

150 members is coming up fast. :thumbsup:
This noble eightfold path is the ancient path traveled by all the Buddhas of eons past. Nagara Sutta
Will

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:18 am

A google search of the words "Dhamma Wheel" produces 180,000 results, with dhammawheel.com showing on the first page in numbers 3 and 4. One time I did it and it was at #1.

Googling "Dhamma forum" produces 2.1 million results with dhammawheel.com in the #2 position.

All this and we have not been "open" for even one month yet! :buddha1: :group:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:36 pm

That is amazing!

- Hereclitus

Ben
Site Admin

Postby Jechbi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:36 am

Watching this number grow:
Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm

This really is amazing.
:popcorn:
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
Jechbi

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 am

Greetings everyone,

Today we celebrate having 200 members !

Thanks to everyone for your support and participation at Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Tex » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings everyone,

Metta,

What great timing to hit such a milestone today!!

:toast:
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby Ben » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings everyone,

Metta,

This has been on my mind all day. What excellent news it is!
Just to reiterate what Retro has said, thank you to you all for making Dhamma Wheel a welcoming and respectful environment in which to discuss the Dhamma of the Buddha.
Metta

Ben

- Hereclitus

Ben
Site Admin

Postby christopher::: » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 am

May the Dhamma Wheel live long and prosper!!

"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
christopher:::

Postby Tex » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:42 pm

250th member joined today, 20 days after #200.

There are 305 days left in the year -- if we continue to add another 50 members per 20 days we'll have over 1000 members by the end of the year!!!

:clap:

:toast:

Tex

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 pm

May Dhamma Wheel continue to grow!

- Hereclitus

Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:18 am

10,000 posts any moment now! It will probably happen during my sleep time, so thought I would announce it now. ;)

I'm in the pacific time zone of the U.S. and will be heading to :zzz: in a few hours. I'll bet it will be one of our many members from down under, to make the 10,000th post. :popcorn: :toast:

:buddha1:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 am

Googled "a buddhist forum" and this is what showed up. Dhamma Wheel is #5, right underneath Buddha Chat and E-Sangha.

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements