Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Dhamma talk by Venerable Ajahn Amaro:
"Not Holding to Fixed Views:- Full Ordination for Women in Buddhism"
The recording of Ajahn Amaro's talk is now available by clicking on this link: http://www.vimutti.org.nz/MP3s/Ajahn%20Amaro%20-%20Not%20Holding%20to%20Fixed%20Views-%20Full%20Ordination%20for%20Women%20in%20Buddhism.mp3
This talk was given at the Auckland Buddhist Vihara on December 5, 2009
- Ajahn Amaro is the co-abbot of Abhayagiri Buddhist monastery in California, USA. He ordained as a monk in the lineage of the Venerable Ajahn Chah in Thailand in 1979. Author of numerous books, he actively teaches around the world.
- Ajahn_Amaro_BioMug_thumb.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:11 am
Thanks Fuji, I do enjoy listening to Ajahn! or HHAA as they call him in the talk
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog - Some Suttas Translated.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
- Posts: 5496
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 pm
- Location: Ellan Vannin (Isle of Man - not part of the UK)
Another well-balanced, humorous, and informative talk by Ajahn Amaro.
- Posts: 1333
- Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 pm
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am
- Location: By the River Thames near London.
Excellent dhamma talk
"Complaining is finding faults, wisdom is finding solutions" Ajahn Brahm
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 am
- Location: NSW Australia
I wanted to burn it to a CD, but the message I get is that it is too large.
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
- Posts: 6065
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:32 pm
- Location: Queensland, Australia
cooran wrote:I wanted to burn it to a CD, but the message I get is that it is too large.
It's more than 80 minutes, so you'll have to burn it into 2 CD's.
Thank you for the link.
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.
Sutta Nipāta 3.710
- Posts: 470
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Can your stereo read mp3 cds?
"But, Udāyi, let be the past, let be the future, I shall set you forth the Teaching: When there is this this is, with arising of this this arises; when there is not this this is not, with cessation of this this ceases." - Majjhima ii,32
Nanavira Thera's teachings - An existential approach to the Dhamma:http://bit.ly/LDsGHg
- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 pm
- Location: New Zealand
ahh thank you very much if any one has informaton onwomen ordination please share
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Return to Ordination and Monastic Life
Who is online
Registered users: Bing [Bot], cooran, Crazy cloud, Dan74, Exabot [Bot], fivebells, Google [Bot], Kamran, Kim O'Hara, kiwi, mikenz66, Mojo, onaquest, rahul3bds, Sekha