For Those Who Know

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Nicholas Weeks

For Those Who Know

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Cittasanto

Re: For Those Who Know

Post by Cittasanto »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

:smile:
dumb bonbu

Post by dumb bonbu »

lol, where'd you find it Will if you don't mind me asking? :clap:
Monks, even if bandits were to carve you up savagely, limb by limb, with a two-handled saw, he among you who let his heart get angered even at that would not be doing my bidding.
MN 21
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

dumb bonbu wrote:lol, where'd you find it Will if you don't mind me asking? :clap:
scroll down a little - http://www.bsangha.net/index.php?p=news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.