Adrien from France

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Adrien

Adrien from France

Post by Adrien »

Hi everyone,

my name is Adrien, I'm 25 and I'm french. I've been quite disappointed by the quality of french buddhist forum, and a friend, dukkhanirodha told me about this one. I've read some of the topics, and I'm very glad to have found this kind of knowledge quality and attitude quality.

As you can see, my english is not very good, but I can understand the most part of your writings. I'm sorry for my syntax, but I'll do my best !

I discovered buddhisme about 2-3 years ago, and I took about one year to discover Theravada (which is not popular at all in France). I've restarted my studies over, and now I study science to become teacher. But my aim is to become a monk, after about five years of lay and active life (I mean with a job).

I think that's it ! I hope to have great discussions with all of you, even if I read a lot more than I write...

Thanks for your welcome !

ps : please don't hesitate to correct my english if you want to.
Please don't hesitate to correct my english if you feel to
bodom

Re: Adrien from France

Post by bodom »

Welcome Adrien! Were happy to have you.

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Adrien
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
Many of our members are not native English speakers, so please feel free to contribute!
I hope you like it here!
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Bienvenue sur le forum!
Adrien

Post by Adrien »

Thank you all !

and...
David N. Snyder wrote:Bienvenue sur le forum
Merci beaucoup !
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Adrien,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:

For what it's worth... your debut post was not difficult to read.

:reading:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi & Welcome to Dhamma Wheel
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Fede

Post by Fede »

Adrien,
Je n'ai pas tous les accents sur mon clavier, mais je te souhaite une bienvenue chaleureuse!
J'ai vecu en france pour six ans, depuis '99, et je suis rentree en Angleterre en juin 2006.
Mois, j'ai enseigne le Qi Gong pendant mon sejour la, et j'avais une belle et heureuse classe des eleves (tous adults).
Pendant ce temps, j'ai transmis que j'etais Bouddhiste, mais, bien sur, les authorites l'ont regarde comme un culte.....
Plusieurs personnes individuelles ont demontree une curiosite positive, et bien, une dame en particuliere s'est 'converti' au Bouddhisme a cause de ma connaissance.
mais pour la pluspart, ils avaient une suspicion, et ils se sont eloignes.
malgres ceci, il y a un refuge de Thich Nhat hahn au sud de la France, et aussi plusieurs centres de bouddhisme (Pour la plupart Mahayana) a travers la France.
C'est bien sur, il faut voyager un peu....

Je t'embrasse,

Gros bises,
namaste!

Fede
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adrien

Post by Adrien »

Merci pour ton accueil : je ne m'attendais pas à parler français sur ce forum ! :P Bon, je sais bien que ça ne va pas durer, ça n'est pas la langue officielle ici...
Pendant ce temps, j'ai transmis que j'etais Bouddhiste, mais, bien sur, les authorites l'ont regarde comme un culte.....
Alors ça, ça ne m'étonne pas du tout. On est super ultra tendus en France sur le sujet des cultes et des sectes...
malgres ceci, il y a un refuge de Thich Nhat hahn au sud de la France, et aussi plusieurs centres de bouddhisme (Pour la plupart Mahayana) a travers la France.
Oui, j'ai fait une retraite au centre Goenka près d'Auxerre l'été dernier, et je compte faire une retraite de 15 jours l'été prochain avec Sayadaw U Pannathami. J'ai vu des reportages sur le village des pruniers, ça a l'air très sympa (mais je ne compte pas y aller).

En espérant te retrouver ailleurs sur le forum (in english this time ! )...

Adrien
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Adrien wrote: Bon, je sais bien que ça ne va pas durer, ça n'est pas la langue officielle ici...
Oui, il est Pali qui est la langue officielle. L'anglais est sur la deuxième marche du Dhamma Wheel. :tongue:

(Yes, it is Pali that is the official language. English is second here on Dhamma Wheel.)
Sekha

Post by Sekha »

Hi Adrien,

nice to see you here : )

the web in English is much wider and richer. Almost another realm.

So now, after having made this step, you won't need to read my translations any more : )
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adrien

Post by Adrien »

Pali : the first langage in dhammawheel... Didn't think of that ! :D Joke apart, having a dead langage like pali as a reference is a great advantage : that makes a very useful bridge upon buddhists from different country (that plus the fact that it's a very rich langage in the topics that interest us, such as different kinds of sensations, different kind of desires, etc.)
So now, after having made this step, you won't need to read my translations any more : )
Oh no, don't worry... It's still much more confortable for me in french ! And who will report to you when a link is broken if I stop reading your website ? :mrgreen:
Sekha

Post by Sekha »

It will very soon become natural for you to read in English : )

But if you want to keep correcting my mistakes, I won't dismiss you : )
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dhammadanam

Post by Dhammadanam »

Ravi de te retrouver ici Adrien :juggling:

Sehka je ne me trompe pas en disant que tu es l'auteur de Buddha Vacana, ravi de te lire ici.
นโม ตสส ภควโต อรหโต สมมาสมพุทธสส