Spiritual Women Have More Sex

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

Spiritual Women Have More Sex

Post by tiltbillings »

Hubba, hubba.

http://www.livescience.com/health/09093 ... ality.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Re: Spiritual Women Have More Sex

Post by Ben »

I think this comment is very telling:

For women, however, spirituality was the strongest predictor for the number of sexual partners, the frequency of sex, and the tendency to have sex without a condom.
I think the researcher's view of spirituality and my own are very different.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:I think this comment is very telling:

For women, however, spirituality was the strongest predictor for the number of sexual partners, the frequency of sex, and the tendency to have sex without a condom.
I think the researcher's view of spirituality and my own are very different.
kind regards

Ben
Yeah, but if you want to make some time, it seems that the church might just be the place to hang out.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

You might be right...
But at the moment I can't think of anything more dukkha-inducing!
I think I'll stick to maintaining sila, and developing samadhi and panna by sitting cross-legged in small dark room observing anicca.
Cheers

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Geez, I am just trying for a little jocularity here.

Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

Well I was always suspicious of all that "interbeing" stuff..sex maniacs the lot of 'em. One minute they are in the Meditation Hall, the next minute they are rushing out brandishing The Kama Sutra.
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sorry mate - I was after an argument. I just needed some self-induced brain damage to cut through (momentarily) my craving for cranky argumentation. Now that I'm ready for jocularity, you've probably gone off to bed!
Oh well...

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

With a headache. :smile:
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

“I think people have been well aware of the role that religious and spiritual matters play in everyday life for a very long time,” said Jessica Burris, one of the study’s researchers at the University of Kentucky. “But in the research literature, the unique qualities of spirituality — apart from religiousness — are not usually considered.”

According to a research measure known as the Spiritual Transcendence Scale, those qualities are connectedness, universality, and prayer fulfillment. But the data found that of the three, connectedness plays the largest role in spiritual sexuality and leads to more sex with more partners, often without the use of condoms.

“Believing one is intimately tied to other human beings and that interconnectedness and harmony are indispensible may lead one to believe sexual intimacy possesses a divine or transcendent quality in itself,” Burris writes. “In fact, ascribing sacred qualities to sex has been positively associated with positive affective reactions to sex, frequency of sex, and number of sexual partners among university students.”
Very interesting. Is this why Tibetan Buddhism and kundalini yoga are frequently more popular on college campuses then the Dhamma of Theravada?

Tantric image, View with Care

In all seriousness, probably helps to explain (in part) the countless sex scandals in "spiritual" circles, down thru the ages...

:thinking:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:Now that I'm ready for jocularity, you've probably gone off to bed!
But not with the Church Lady.
Attachments
dcarvey3[1].jpg
dcarvey3[1].jpg (20.79 KiB) Viewed 2670 times

kayy

Post by kayy »

Hmm...well, it hasn't worked for me so far!
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

:rofl:
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

One thing is clear - I am hanging out in the wrong religion (and the wrong school of the wrong religion).

Story of my life... got into maths 'cause I thought that's where all the hot chicks must be... :rolleye: they did talk of strange attractors, group actions and Mobius strips, well I am still waiting to see any action... :cry: )

_/|\_
_/|\_
Pax

Post by Pax »

This article is very true, we all have lots and LOTS of sex. :woohoo:
Ben

Post by Ben »

All the action you'll ever need is right there in your mind.

- Sutta Nipata 3.725