New Books!!!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
appicchato

Re: New Books!!!

Post by appicchato »

bodom wrote:I am sure learning patience right now and about attachment and expectations.
Cheap at twice the price...as an aside, the note puts the onus on them (the PO)...it means they had them at some point...good luck... :reading:
bodom

Post by bodom »

appicchato wrote:
bodom wrote:I am sure learning patience right now and about attachment and expectations.
Cheap at twice the price...as an aside, the note puts the onus on them (the PO)...it means they had them at some point...good luck... :reading:
Thank you Bhante. I put in a complaint with the postal service so we'll see what happens.

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I have some missing books in transit as well at the moment... alas, I never got a card.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

I have some missing books in transit as well at the moment... alas, I never got a card.

Metta,
It is very frustrating. All I can do is sit and wait. This whole situation is driving home the first noble truth very poignantly. Hope you get yours as well retro.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Bodom,
bodom wrote:This whole situation is driving home the first noble truth very poignantly. Hope you get yours as well retro.
What, my books or the lesson on the first couple of Noble Truths? ;)

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

TY Lee, of 'Just Be Good' fame recently sent me a box of books...twice...neither of them (have yet) made it to my PO Box...and that's from right next door (in Malaysia)...
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

International Dhamma post conspiracy?

:spy:

Metta,
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hi Bodom,
bodom wrote: It is very frustrating. All I can do is sit and wait. This whole situation is driving home the first noble truth very poignantly.
Congratulations on not going postal http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =go+postal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta and Karuna
Mike
bodom

Post by bodom »

mikenz66 wrote:Hi Bodom,
bodom wrote: It is very frustrating. All I can do is sit and wait. This whole situation is driving home the first noble truth very poignantly.
Congratulations on not going postal http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =go+postal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta and Karuna
Mike
Well not yet anyway.. :guns:

I did receive a phone call an hour ago to let me know there still looking so all hope is not lost :smile:

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

Received this email today:

Nevin, when I went to our local Post Office to ship today's orders, they told me that your first order had been returned.  My Postmaster said that your Post Office returned it too soon - they should have given you 15 days to pick it up. My local Post Office is sending it to you again. 

Hopefully your own Post Office will hold it long enough for you to pick it up this time.

With Metta,-- Pariyatti Retail

:woohoo:

- BB