Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Includes our Terms Of Service (please read first)

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:20 am

thornbush wrote:Oh Dakini-la,

So that's why u were red again huh? :tongue:
Congrats :jumping:


I am red again! Woohoo! :toast:
User avatar
Ngawang Drolma.
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:38 pm

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby Virgo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Dan74 wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:


Or perhaps it should be "Megayana", eh? :jumping:

PS Just trying to :stirthepot: or live up to the reputation! Sorry - time to :toilet: !


In fact, it is Vajrayana where the "mega" is introduced.

Mahayana has nothing to practice outside of the Six Perfections which takes eons to fulfill to the stage of even a Mahayana stream-entrant (eigth-stage bodhisattva). The result is stil mega though, though all Aryan results are mega, of course.

Kevin
Virgo
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby Dan74 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 am

Virgo wrote:
Dan74 wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:Passed that stage? Of course that is why there is a Mahayana forum. :thinking:


Or perhaps it should be "Megayana", eh? :jumping:

PS Just trying to :stirthepot: or live up to the reputation! Sorry - time to :toilet: !


In fact, it is Vajrayana where the "mega" is introduced.

Mahayana has nothing to practice outside of the Six Perfections which takes eons to fulfill to the stage of even a Mahayana stream-entrant (eigth-stage bodhisattva). The result is stil mega though, though all Aryan results are mega, of course.

Kevin


Hi Kevin,

That's different to my understanding. Enlightenment is possible in this lifetime, according to the tradition I practice in. But if I continue to spend lots of time on the web, it may indeed take aeons! :smile:
_/|\_
User avatar
Dan74
 
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 am

Greetings,

Some off-topic discussion has been moved to...

Are many lifetimes of paramitta development needed to be aryan?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3740

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)


Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7


Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14517
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 am

Check out the new format and colors for our sister site Dharma Wheel

http://www.dharmawheel.net/

It now has a very similar to look to what we have here, with the color scheme over there more maroon and gold (Mahayana colors) and more orange / saffron and yellow here for Theravada.

My son did most of the work. He's much more tech-savvy than me.
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7666
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby Kim OHara » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:23 am

David N. Snyder wrote:Check out the new format and colors for our sister site Dharma Wheel

http://www.dharmawheel.net/

It now has a very similar to look to what we have here, with the color scheme over there more maroon and gold (Mahayana colors) and more orange / saffron and yellow here for Theravada.

My son did most of the work. He's much more tech-savvy than me.

I haven't the time to browse just now but it looks good - congrats to all involved.
If someone asked what I would change if I could (they haven't, so this is purely gratuitous!), I would ask for an adjustment to the colour gradient in the banner. On my screen, at least, it goes from the nice maroon into a greenish yellow and that green tinge doesn't go with any of the other yellows on the page ...
:juggling:
Just trying to make a good thing even better. Feel free to ignore me.
:namaste:
Kim
User avatar
Kim OHara
 
Posts: 2893
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Dharma Wheel -- Mahayana forum

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:If someone asked what I would change if I could (they haven't, so this is purely gratuitous!), I would ask for an adjustment to the colour gradient in the banner. On my screen, at least, it goes from the nice maroon into a greenish yellow and that green tinge doesn't go with any of the other yellows on the page ...

That gradient does look quite odd on my monitors as well. I'd ditch the gradient if it were my choice. (actually it is, I can block the banners with addblock :)).

Apart from that, I think it's great.

:anjali:
Mike
User avatar
mikenz66
 
Posts: 9610
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:37 am
Location: New Zealand

Previous

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests