Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Postby salayatana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:55 am

Greetings everyone,

Congratulations on the new forum , I recognise a few familiar names from esangha and have logged on using my old name from esangha . I look forward to reading the postings and to maybe contributing again . Well done moderators . :clap:

Best Wishes ,

Paul Davy

Re: Greetings

Postby Paul Davy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 am

Greetings and welcome to Dhamma Wheel, Jin.

Retro. :)
“I hope, Anuruddha, that you are all living in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.” (MN 31)

What is the final conviction that comes when radical attention is razor-edge sharp? That the object of the mind is mind-made (manomaya). (Ven. Ñāṇananda)

Dharma Paths Practice Community

Postby Dhammanando » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 am

Welcome Jin :smile:

Best wishes,
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
    Yathā bubbuḷakaṃ passe, yathā passe marīcikaṃ,
    Evaṃ lokaṃ avekkhantaṃ, maccurājā na passati.

One should see it as a bubble;
    One should see it as a mirage.
    Who regards the world thus
    The King of Death sees him not.
    (Dhammapada 170)

ผู้ที่มองเห็นโลก ว่าไม่จีรังและหาสาระอะไรมิได้
    คนเช่นนี้พญามารย่อมตามหาไม่พบ ฯ
    (ธรรมบท ๑๗๐)

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:52 am

This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm

The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah

Return to “Introductions”