Zen Forum International: Coming soon!

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
christopher:::

Zen Forum International: Coming soon!

Post by christopher::: »

I think we have reached the stage where we can start to mention this publicly. Others are already starting to mention this, on other forums. A group of current and former E-sangha members has been working together over the last week, attempting to construct a global Zen Forum. The Dhamma Wheel was a direct inspiration for us, and the Dhamma Wheel admin/mod team has been very very very helpful, providing encouragement, assistance and advice.

Our name will be Zen Forum International. The focus will be Zen traditions, however we hope very much to be like the Dhamma Wheel, as well as Drolma's Buddha Lounge, in that people from all traditions (as well as non-Buddhists) feel comfortable and welcome.

Again, I want to thank you all here. I also want to thank Leo and the E-sangha community, cause without them none of us would ever have met one another, or learned all that we have learned. We bow to everyone, our dharma sisters and brothers, for your support, input, assistance and inspiration.

Christopher
:heart:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Zen Forum International: Coming soon!

Post by DNS »

Good luck with that endeavor! May it be successful!

Maybe I'll check-in from time to time once it is up and find some answers to some koans that stumped me when I practiced Zen some 20 years ago or so. :buddha1: :group:
Individual

Post by Individual »

TheDhamma wrote:Good luck with that endeavor! May it be successful!
Yeah. Send us a link when you make it! :)
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Ben

Post by Ben »

Congratulations Chris!
It is indeed fantastic news!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

Good luck.
- Peter

Be heedful and you will accomplish your goal.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I'm really looking forward to this. I think it's an excellent initiative with great potential.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Tex

Post by Tex »

I wish you all the best on this, can't wait to see the finished product.

:toast:
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Congratulations! I hope it will be of benefit to many.

:toast: (that's apple juice, btw, not beer)

Best wishes,
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
Rūpehi bhikkhave arūpā santatarā.
Arūpehi nirodho santataro ti.

“Bhikkhus, the formless is more peaceful than the form realms.
Cessation is more peaceful than the formless realms.”
(Santatarasutta, Iti 73)
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

Dhammanando wrote:Congratulations! I hope it will be of benefit to many.

Best wishes,
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
pssht, youre in thailand, it should be that green drink.. whatever that stuff is.. and in baggies not cups
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Hi JC,
jcsuperstar wrote:
Dhammanando wrote:Congratulations! I hope it will be of benefit to many.

pssht, youre in thailand, it should be that green drink.. whatever that stuff is..
If you insist.
bgreen stuff.gif
bgreen stuff.gif (2.56 KiB) Viewed 10005 times
and in baggies not cups
Pfft, you can't propose a toast with baggies.

Best wishes,
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
Rūpehi bhikkhave arūpā santatarā.
Arūpehi nirodho santataro ti.

“Bhikkhus, the formless is more peaceful than the form realms.
Cessation is more peaceful than the formless realms.”
(Santatarasutta, Iti 73)
dumb bonbu

Post by dumb bonbu »

congrats! :toast:
Monks, even if bandits were to carve you up savagely, limb by limb, with a two-handled saw, he among you who let his heart get angered even at that would not be doing my bidding.
MN 21
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

well done, didn't know a new forum was starting
Maybe I'll pop over from time to time.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Best wishes! :group:
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Thank you all, for your kind wishes!!

We purchased our url address yesterday, with nothing to put up yet...

:jumping:
Last edited by christopher::: on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

christopher::: wrote:I think we have reached the stage where we can start to mention this publicly. Others are already starting to mention this, on other forums. A group of current and former E-sangha members has been working together over the last week, attempting to construct a global Zen Forum. The Dhamma Wheel was a direct inspiration for us, and the Dhamma Wheel admin/mod team has been very very very helpful, providing encouragement, assistance and advice.

Our name will be Zen Forum International. The focus will be Zen traditions, however we hope very much to be like the Dhamma Wheel, as well as Drolma's Buddha Lounge, in that people from all traditions (as well as non-Buddhists) feel comfortable and welcome.

Again, I want to thank you all here. I also want to thank Leo and the E-sangha community, cause without them none of us would ever have met one another, or learned all that we have learned. We bow to everyone, our dharma sisters and brothers, for your support, input, assistance and inspiration.

Christopher
:heart:
Oh Boy! Thank you and good luck with it. I'm looking forward to it :clap:
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig