Most Helpful Dhamma Wheel Discussions?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
christopher:::

Most Helpful Dhamma Wheel Discussions?

Post by christopher::: »

With so many discussion going on here at Dhamma Wheel it's easy to lose track of helpful information and conversations. These are some of the discussions that I find myself returning to from time to time. I had posted some of these links elsewhere a few days ago.

What discussions have you found to be most helpful?

* Buddhism for the 21st Century Parent * Everyday challenges that you struggle with? * Insight into Emotions * Intro to 'Wings...' (Thanissaro's 'Wings To Awakening') * Consistency in Practice * Breath Focusing and Staying Present * The secret to a successful meditation session * Brahma-viharas, some easier/harder for you? *

:group:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
Ben

Re: Most Helpful Dhamma Wheel Discussions?

Post by Ben »

Hi Christopher

I'm glad that you are finding some of the discussions here on DW helpful to you!
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Most definitely Ben, thank you. Started, today, making my way slowly thru this discussion that you started. A *Highly* informative discussion!

Satipatthana: the direct path to realization

:thumbsup:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Chris

I cannot recommend the book highly enough. I suggest you purchase a copy!
Its incredible.
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..